RollFizzlebeef, reporting for duty

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
RollFizzlebeef
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

RollFizzlebeef, reporting for duty

Post by RollFizzlebeef » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Greetings all.
So I've wanted a Jazzmaster for some time... roughly 20 years or so, but the stars never seemed to align until last year.
I came across a used Squier JMJM on Guitar Center's site for a pittance and having played one in the store a few hundred times, I bought it sight-unseen. It was listed as "good" condition but this thing was immaculate. Not a flaw or blemish one. Apparently since the PO had installed a Fender trem plate in place of the stock unit, GCs policy is to downgrade the guitars value. Lucky me. It's been through a few different changes, visually and electronically but here it is as it stands now:

Swapped the stock neck for a Mighty Mite strat neck with a deep V profile, replaced the pots with 250k units, had treble bleed installed, the tone is a push pull affair that completely bypasses the volume and tone circuits, and I had the rhythm circuit rewired to switch the pickups from series to parallel. This renders the rhythm volume and tone pots useless, but I'm sure I'll think of something to do with them eventually.

I've got a few more ideas in the works but as it stands it's the single best guitar I've ever owned at ANY price point and to say I'm in love is the understatement of the year.
El queso es viejo y mohoso. ¿Donde esta el baño?