NGD : Danocaster double cut (pics heavy)

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
HH1978
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NGD : Danocaster double cut (pics heavy)

Post by HH1978 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:08 pm

It's been a looong wait (15 months), but the reward is fantastic!

I will post a full review when I'll have spent some time with this lady, but my first impressions are fantastic, and I can already state that Dan is the nicest person to deal with. He's responsive, friendly and respectful, even though his time is obviously precious. The most amazing part is how he managed to feel exactly what I was after only with a few chats and the basic order form. Experience, I guess. I know this has been said before, but there's no harm in saying good things about people, and he deserves it.

Long story short, I decided to order a Double Cut because, while I love the sound of strat players, I had never found a Strat that I liked, and I felt Dan was my best luck. When I first plugged this one in, I instantly heard those classic sounds I never managed to get from any of my previous Strats.

I can already say as well that the neck is incredible !

Specs :
Surf green finish, heavy aging
2 pcs ash
.88V neck with a pau ferro fingerboard
9"5 radius, 6125 frets
Rocketfire Total 60's pickups
Gotoh trem + raw vintage springs

Pics (Dan's and mine) :

PF_Flyer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD : Danocaster double cut (pics heavy)

Post by PF_Flyer » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:58 pm

NICE!!!

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:24 am

That’s a beauty! I also have had the same experience with non vintage Strats. Love the look of Strats and sound of them when played by someone else, but just not for me. I have never tried a Dano before, but that one looks very, very nice.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 am

Dano does great work. The attention to detail is what makes all the difference. Your strat looks phenomenal and you can tell just by looking at it that it must play like a worn-in baseball mitt. Glad it's getting you the tones you were looking for!
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

valley_parade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by valley_parade » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:54 am

Daaaaaaaaaang.

HH1978
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HH1978 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:16 pm

Thanks!

It's been around six month now, so I guess I can give a review without beeing biased by the honeymoon factor.

Well, it's simply the only strat I've ever loved. It's just what I wanted from a strat, and more.

The sound : it has all the classic strat sounds. I thought I would only use the neck pickup, and sometimes position 2 & 4. But actually, every position sounds great, with a truly special mention for the bridge pickup. I never thought I would love the rear pickup on a strat... I was wrong. This thing is really mean!

The neck : probably the best neck I've ever played. Dan deserves his reputation about this. The .88V feels perfect in my hand and the finish feels really smooth. 6125 Jescar is a great fretwire too.

The finish : I think the pictures speak for themselves. It does not only look old, it feels old on the hand too. Most of my guitars are real vintage or projects assembled from vintage parts. No one could tell this one is new.

The hardware : it's the first time I don't have to struggle to keep a strat in tune.

I try to think about something negative to say about this guitar that would make my review seem more objective, but I just don't find anything. It has become quickly one of my two main gigging guitar (I always take two guitars : one with single coils, and one with humbuckers). So the only downside I can think of, is that I don't gig my Jazzmasters so often anymore.