Yamaha reface CS

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
MKR
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Yamaha reface CS

Post by MKR » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 am

I picked up a yamaha reface CS synth last week. Being an 80s/90s kid I have always wanted to play some synthesizer, but i always found it daunting as i don't know how to really play piano and i can get lost in the technology of it all.

I used to own an arturia micorbrute and while i thought it was cool, i never really figured it out. Also i think i should have always been after a polyphonic instrument. Also owned a korg volca keys and that was pretty neat too.

The yamaha reface CS is by far my favorite synth i have owned or played at least. It's perfect for a beginner like me. I find it sooo much easier to dial in a specific sound. it's got a nice effects section consisting of delay, chorus, phaser, etc. I really wish it had a sequencer, but the looper feature is great and makes up for it.

Here's a video of it in action. Just to clarify this is not my video so full credit to whoever made this. It was a big factor in my buying the reface CS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-03Hd0MBgQY

redchapterjubilee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Yamaha reface CS

Post by redchapterjubilee » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:59 pm

I just got one of these last week too!

I wanted a second polyphonic synth for live performance (one of my side gigs is making Berlin School/kosmische style 1974 electronica) and I got tired of banging my head against the wall with a Korg Minilogue. I needed the extra voices and the WYSIWYG interface. The CS sounds and performs a lot better than the initial reviews and forum chat would suggest.

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by panoramic » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:42 am

the reviews for these are superb, i wanted one but was on a budget and got an akai timbre wolf instead. I might still pick one of the refaces up
I used to be cool, now I just complain about prices.

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:53 am

the reface that does wurly/rhodes sounds has a really brilliant vibe to it. and with small keys, even a piano-illiterate like me was able to get some nice sounds from it in the 20mins i demo'd one. I think the whole rage is really good if a little bit too costly for how, uhh, sorta flimsy they feel.

señormisterioso
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by señormisterioso » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:54 am

MKR wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 am

I picked up a yamaha reface CS synth last week. Being an 80s/90s kid I have always wanted to play some synthesizer, but i always found it daunting as i don't know how to really play piano and i can get lost in the technology of it all.
Congrats as far as old companies adapting some old ideas with new technologies, them and Korg, seem to be the best.

If you haven't already, you might want to dig deep into their Ios App. seems like a cool way to also explore sounds, share and load new ones :
https://www.yamahasynth.com/yamaha-synt ... osupdate13

https://soundmondo.yamahasynth.com/voices

Have fun!