Hello there! OSG Newbie here with a SD Antiquity I & II question

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
thecosmos
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello there! OSG Newbie here with a SD Antiquity I & II question

Post by thecosmos » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:18 pm

Hi I'm brand new here. I've read many posts and found the pickup section with all the links extremely helpful. Anyways, I recently purchased a Classic Player JM and after a quick neck shim, she's playing quite well. I'd like to switch out the pups for something a bit less hot and more traditional. The SD Antiquity I's really speak to me. I adore their sound, but I think that as I play with others, I may want something a little less dark and mellow. Has anyone mixed Antiquity I & II's in a JM? Very curious about these sounds. Could it be the best of both worlds? Is this just silly? Please advise.

rain.parade
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello there! OSG Newbie here with a SD Antiquity I & II question

Post by rain.parade » Sat May 18, 2019 12:30 am

I don't have any experience mixing I's with II's, but I have had the I's in my Jazzmaster for a few years. The other guitarist in my band plays an HSS Strat through a Mesa Boogie (so quite a mid-heavy sound), and I have no issues slotting into the mix.

There are a wide variety of tones in there, particularly when you experiment with pickup heights.