Jag Bridge Buzz

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
DJAwsum
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jag Bridge Buzz

Post by DJAwsum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:39 am

It's a common problem, I know, but...

My American Original Jag has buzzed from day one. It's been to the shop(twice) - and the buzz stopped for a bit. But now the buzz on the high-E is worse than ever. Are there any easy fixes I'm overlooking?

Or do I just need to suck it up and pull the trigger on a different bridge (Mustang, Staytrem, Mastery, etc.)?

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jag Bridge Buzz

Post by Danley » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am

Make sure all your height adjustment screws are even and all are contacting the bottom of the bridge plate. I’ve never had to give up on a Jaguar bridge FYI so don’t think you need to run for a new one.

(Longer/stiffer intonation springs can sometimes help too if you notice your high e string saddle is flopping around. I mean, longer/stiffer is always better right?)
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

DJAwsum
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Jag Bridge Buzz

Post by DJAwsum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Danley wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am
Make sure all your height adjustment screws are even and all are contacting the bottom of the bridge plate. I’ve never had to give up on a Jaguar bridge FYI so don’t think you need to run for a new one.

(Longer/stiffer intonation springs can sometimes help too if you notice your high e string saddle is flopping around. I mean, longer/stiffer is always better right?)
Awesome advice. Thank you!