Fender Vintera line?

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Musjagjazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Vintera line?

Post by Musjagjazz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:25 am

Ceylon wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:05 am
Since the Jazzmaster comes in both Seafoam and IBM... And the Jaguar is listed as coming in Seafoam... Think there'll be an IBM Jaguar eventually?
Look at the list again, shows Jaguar OT (Ocean Turquiose). There isn't a photo, think that's why no one has mentioned it yet. Also Sunburst and SBL (Sonic Blue?)

https://www.leguide.com/search.htm?keyw ... er vintera

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:54 am

Seen these?

Jazzmaster:
For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to contemporary features we created the Vintera ?60s Jazzmaster Modified. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius hotter pickups and updated electronics?this guitar packs a surprising amount of power under the hood.

For modern Fender tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Jazzmaster pickups kicking things up a bit by increasing the output. The warm smooth-sounding neck pickup is balanced by the bright cutting bridge pickup. The ?Modern C?-shaped neck has a 9.5?-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets for modern playing feel. An Adjusto-matic? bridge is paired to Jazzmaster floating tremolo and vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include the classic lead/rhythm circuit chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.

Body Finish: Gloss Polyester Control Knobs: Aged White Fingerboard: Pau Ferro Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell Position Inlays: White Dots Body Shape: Jazzmaster Neck Material: Maple Neck Shape: Modern "C" Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm) Number of Frets: 21 String Nut: Synthetic Bone Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm) Truss Rod: Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Jazzmaster Middle Pickup: Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Single-Coil Hot Jazzmaster Controls: Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups Position 3. Neck Pickup; 2-Position Slide: Up: Rhythm Tone Circuit Down: Lead Tone Circuit Pickup Configuration: SS Bridge: Adjusto-Matic? Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges) Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag

Jaguar:
For players who want the style and sound of Fender?s golden era we created the Vintera ?60s Jaguar. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade?including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel along with recreated vintage-style pickups?this guitar has all of the ?round? yet bold tone that made the Jaguar a legend.

For authentic vintage-style tone we recreated the pair of single-coil Jaguar pickups to sound and feel more like the originals?keeping the focusing cages of course. The chiming neck pickup is tempered by the bright aggressive bridge pickup. The ?Mid 60s C?-shaped neck has a 7.25?-radius fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. Vintage-style Jaguar bridge tremolo and tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include the classic lead/rhythm circuit chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.

Body Finish: Gloss Polyester Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass Fingerboard: Pau Ferro Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell Position Inlays: White Dots Body Shape: Jaguar Neck Material: Maple Neck Shape: Scale Length: 24" (610 mm) Fingerboard Radius: Number of Frets: 21 String Nut: Synthetic Bone Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm) Truss Rod: Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jaguar Middle Pickup: Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jaguar Controls: Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle (Lead Circuit) Pickup Configuration: SS Bridge: Jaguar Bridge with Mustang Saddles and Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges) Case/Gig Bag: Gig Bag

Couldn't find a Mustang.

This bass pic is on gearnews.

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:02 am

Adjustomatic bridge on a Jazzmaster! Everyone's favourite! Hahaha.

Somebody do serial number searches to find all the finish options. I would, but I don't want to. ;)

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:28 am

So the JM has an AOM but the Jag has a floating bridge AND comes in OTM with matching headstock??

Man, the Jag got much better treatment in this line if you ask me. That's a heartthrob of an instrument right there.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

matthew a

Post by matthew a » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:08 am

This is exciting. Any hope of left handed?

Ceylon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ceylon » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:27 am

OTM and matching headstock at an MIM pricepoint?

Right, no choice but to buy one then.
Science Friction burns my fingers
Electricity still lingers

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by alexpigment » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:39 am

mbene085 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:28 am
So the JM has an AOM but the Jag has a floating bridge AND comes in OTM with matching headstock??

Man, the Jag got much better treatment in this line if you ask me. That's a heartthrob of an instrument right there.
Yeah, I'm really confused about this line now. Either there are two models for each guitar (effectively "Classic Series"/vintage-accurate and "Classic Player"/modified), but maybe they're just being extremely inconsistent.

chgiles
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by chgiles » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:03 am

alexpigment wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:39 am
mbene085 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:28 am

Yeah, I'm really confused about this line now. Either there are two models for each guitar (effectively "Classic Series"/vintage-accurate and "Classic Player"/modified), but maybe they're just being extremely inconsistent.
There are two models for each guitar, you can see this in the listings on leguide.com. There is a regular version, more vintage correct and with matching headstocks, in Ice Blue Metallic for the Jazzmaster and Ocean Turquoise for the Jaguar, and a 'Mod' version, with trem placement closer to bridge and with the AOM bridge

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:06 am

Do you think they're discontinuing the 60's lacquer line? Because this just seems like an updated Classic Player and updated 60's Lacquer model being consolidated into one line...which is also pretty confusing.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

AwesomeWelles
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by AwesomeWelles » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:09 am

Confusing or not - consider that Jag bought. By me.

unreal77
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by unreal77 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:17 am

Justice for the jaguars😊

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:53 am

AwesomeWelles wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:09 am
Confusing or not - consider that Jag bought. By me.
Yep. Just throw that pickguard away, put a mint one on = perfect.

I wonder how long it will take Fender to finally make a good ole nice tort. I'm confident it WILL happen eventually.
They have been the best over years, bringing out just the stuff we want. They ARE listening. 8)
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

alexpigment
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by alexpigment » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:53 am
Yep. Just throw that pickguard away, put a mint one on = perfect.

I wonder how long it will take Fender to finally make a good ole nice tort. I'm confident it WILL happen eventually.
They have been the best over years, bringing out just the stuff we want. They ARE listening. 8)
I think the tort used in the promo pics looks great - it has the right brown/red ratio and goes with the body color really well. I get that they were made differently in the 60s, but some of those old guards were garish and weren't color matched well with the guitars. And I generally think most Spitfire guards don't look that great. Maybe I've just been brainwashed by the type of tort I've been seeing on Fender guitars since I was born :)

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:25 pm

That OTM Jaguar looks amazing. Would look even better with a mint guard.
I’m glad to see the Mustang Bass sticking around.
I’ve been seeing them in use a lot more recently. Glad people are finally coming around to them.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

fuzzy_man_peach
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fuzzy_man_peach » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:30 pm

i'm just thinking stick a mini humbucker with black ring in the neck position of the OTM jaguar for instant ''CRACKWHORE'' lol

also does the mustang bass have the correct vintage shorter tuning pegs? kinda looks like it on the scan but a little too small to tell for definite! it's one thing that's always bugged me on mustang basses having the full long shaft tuners they just don't look right to me compared to vintage ones.