Ended up getting a Boss Katana mini... demo with VM Jag...

Make it loud here.
Dollywitch
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Ended up getting a Boss Katana mini... demo with VM Jag...

Post by Dollywitch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsdPVhDiHO8

I love it. Sounds great with both my offsets. It's basically like having a teeny battery powered Marshall. I feel like this'd particularly be a good amp for copping RHCP tones, if you wanted to do that on a tiny battery powered amp.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Ended up getting a Boss Katana mini... demo with VM Jag...

Post by somanytoys » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 am

Pretty cool, it does seem like it sounds pretty good. Glad you're enjoying it.

Did you get the AC adapter or are you just using batteries? I would bet it eats them up pretty quickly.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by 601210 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:34 am

somanytoys wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:10 am
Pretty cool, it does seem like it sounds pretty good. Glad you're enjoying it.

Did you get the AC adapter or are you just using batteries? I would bet it eats them up pretty quickly.
I don't have an AC adapter, but I haven't really had a problem with batteries getting eaten up. I'd say digital pedals are more power hungry by a long shot.

It's hard to give a point of reference since I don't really keep track of how often and how long I play it, since I only use it for traveling and for midnight playing or when I can't be bothered to drag my amp downstairs, but I've never really had a problem with battery life. If you're using it as your main amp then yeah, adapter is probably the best bet.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:09 am

Thats good to know. I like the idea of the versatility to go adapter or battery, and that the batteries don’t die in an hour or 2.

I have a couple of the Vox amplugs and the speakers for traveling or playing outside once in a while, but the amplugs themselves only run on batteries, and they don’t last that long. I wish they were able to feed off of the speakers that take a 9v plug. They’re pretty cool for what they are.

I’m thinking about getting a Yamaha TRH10C one day instead, for similar reasons. And the power supply. Just don’t like that it’s not really a pedal type of amp.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.