Re: Now Playing?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Now Playing?

Post by Maggieo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:15 am

Say, I was wondering if we could change the name of "What's in Your CD Player Now" to the more inclusive, "Now Playing?"  Also, it'd be great if it were a sticky, as it's the sort of thread folks will post to on a regular basis and it might as well be easy to find.

OKTHNKSBY! :) :-*
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:34 am

if loads of other people want to, then sure....why not? :)
Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Yeah, it's fine with me. Maybe we should wait a day or two for some more input. I could change the title to something like "Now Playing... "the what's in your stereo at the moment thread""  :)  At least that way, there's no mistaking what the thread's about. I like it because it puts out a lot of different names and music to seek out. There's lots of stuff that ahs already come up which I have never heard of before. That is definitely a good thing.

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:19 pm

I don't have a stereo. Or a CD player.  Hence, the more open "Now Playing" or how about "Hear It Now?"
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:22 pm

I have a similar thread on a different forum...I called it "What are you listening to right now?"

it's mad...it's gone past 100 pages over the months.....it's had over 2500 replies :)
Resident Spartan.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:26 pm

zhivago wrote: I have a similar thread on a different forum...I called it "What are you listening to right now?"

it's mad...it's gone past 100 pages over the months.....it's had over 2500 replies :)
I've got four different "Now Playing" threads at different forums I admin and they're all the most popular threads, too.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Okay,
I went ahead and stickied it and changed the title to be less specific.

:)

Justin

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:42 pm

w00t!!!

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:50 pm

:D

I'm glad you like it  :)

Justin

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:30 pm

i love sharin foo wrote: :D

I'm glad you like it  :)

Justin
Thanks, Justin!

Long may it play!