Date of Birth field in the profile form - change to year only?

For troubles with forum features or general questions regarding site moderation/administration.
mjet
Expat
Expat

Date of Birth field in the profile form - change to year only?

Post by mjet » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:56 am

I have noticed that most people didn't fill in the date of birth data on the profile form. I suspect that might be just because in the age of identity theft, such disclosures are frowned upon. Could it be changed to just a year of birth?

NOTE:  I am aware that the date isn't displayed in the actual profile, but people don't know that when they're filling out the profile form.

I think more would fill that out, and then I'd know who's a whipper-snapper and who is a geezer granddad.  ;)
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

Pop Rob
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Date of Birth field in the profile form - change to year only?

Post by Pop Rob » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:03 am

I'm guilty.  I didn't fill in the birthday information because I was concerned not so much about identity theft but that someone might track me down and steal all of my guitars.  :-[

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:13 am

Pop Rob wrote: I was concerned not so much about identity theft but that someone might track me down and steal all of my guitars.  :-[
And then, armed with all of your guitars, steal your identity.  :D
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

jcyphe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jcyphe » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:37 pm

I don't want to be killed THE ZODIAC!  :P