....and I quote....

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
zhivago
Mods
Mods

....and I quote....

Post by zhivago » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:47 pm

"In the late 1960s, with the popularity of Jaguar and Jazzmaster waning, the $tratoca$ter became one of the prominent rock and roll guitars by virtue of it's use by Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton"

http://www.ggjaguar.com/$trat.htm

Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no...no, no, not at all. I, I, I just think....that the.. uh.. their appeal  became more selective....

:D

Last edited by zhivago on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Spartan.

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Re: ....and I quote....

Post by fullerplast » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:51 pm

It's a tote-amistic thing...
Q. Are we not men?

Pop Rob
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Pop Rob » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:48 am

zhivago wrote: "In the late 1960s, with the popularity of Jaguar and Jazzmaster waning, the $tratoca$ter became one of the prominent rock and roll guitars by virtue of it's use by Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton"
I thought it was the opposite.  I read in a few places that the Stratocaster popularity was on a downward slide until players like Hendrix & Clapton resurrected and eternally stamped the venerable Stratocaster’s approval.

aen
Expat
Expat

Post by aen » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:07 pm

I heard Clapton had his "people" hunting for good Jazzmasters, but then he was offered a whole pile of messed up strats, so he got the messed up strats, and made a few good ones out of 'em, and away went the Claptmasters.
I prefer their older stuff.