Chinese Jazzmaster copy!

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Chinese Jazzmaster copy!

Post by Soiouz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:27 pm

It seems that one of the Chinese manufacturers of knock-off Gibson guitars has started making Jazzmaster copies... It doesn't look bad at all, IMO:  :-[

Link to their website here:

http://qisheng-guitars.com/eproduct2.htm

Who's going to be the first to risk and order one?   ;)     ;D

mikkiki
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Chinese Jazzmaster copy!

Post by mikkiki » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:44 pm

blocks and bindings!!

nice to see a jazzmaster copy that hasn't got a strat tailpiece, too. looks pretty good.

Glider
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Glider » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:46 pm

my eyes

spacecadet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by spacecadet » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Soiouz wrote: It seems that one of the Chinese manufacturers of knock-off Gibson guitars has started making Jazzmaster copies... It doesn't look bad at all, IMO:   :-[
Other than the headstock being far too large, the tremolo being in the wrong place and shaped wrong, the pickups being too small, the tort being an ugly bright red, and a blemished finish?  No, not bad!

I don't know if they're really intending for 100% accuracy or not, but usually these Chinese copies *are* pretty close... closer than this, at least visually.

mikkiki
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mikkiki » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:55 pm

spacecadet wrote: Other than the headstock being far too large, the tremolo being in the wrong place and shaped wrong, the pickups being too small, the tort being an ugly bright red, and a blemished finish?
i think that is what's cool about this model. it has this 60's look with the "awkward" things that set's it aside from a nicely designed fender. i would be way more interested in buying this, in terms of looks, than in buying a jagmaster or other "knock-offs". well, okay, i already have a jazzmaster, maybe that's why..

(i know you were just pointing out that it's not a very precise copy)

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:00 pm

I've emailed them to see if they produce lefty's and as I couldn't find any type of price list on the site, have asked this question too. Fingers crossed? I got my CIJ Jaguar from apollon music with no trouble after a first contact with them resulted in a very helpfull and quick response with every answer I could've wished for - available colours/shipping times & costs/ payment methods etc'.

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:04 pm

spacecadet wrote:
Soiouz wrote: It seems that one of the Chinese manufacturers of knock-off Gibson guitars has started making Jazzmaster copies... It doesn't look bad at all, IMO:   :-[
Other than the headstock being far too large, the tremolo being in the wrong place and shaped wrong, the pickups being too small, the tort being an ugly bright red, and a blemished finish?  No, not bad!

I don't know if they're really intending for 100% accuracy or not, but usually these Chinese copies *are* pretty close... closer than this, at least visually.

Maybe I'm interpreting your post wrong, but I certainly feel a rudeness that's totally unecessary...  :(

You're entitled to your opinion, and I am too... And I don't like my opinion being ridiculed like that too much.

On the guitar itself, when the usual Jazzmaster-style copies we see look like the ones below, I still think this Chinese one isn't too bad...

I now regret posting this altogether...........          >:(

ChrisPee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChrisPee » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:14 pm

I don't want to get involved is any "disagreement" on here, but I for one am glad you posted it. Especially if they do make a lefty and the price is favourable.

I've been looking for a budget Jazzmaster of late, and with problems of price-increases / weak-sterling to buy CIJ or to buy new in the U.K. (rediculous price-hiking for lefty models) the fact that I don't think lefty AVRI's are being made and the unlikelyhood of finding a s/h one on Ebay etc', this could fit the bill perfectly  :)

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 pm

ChrisPee wrote: ...I for one am glad you posted it.
+1
but i don't think spacecadet's post was aggressive, either. rather sarcastic but true... whatever.

s/o here should check one of these out fer sure. no more new fenders for me...  >:( I CALL FOR A BOYCOTT!!!

Pat.
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Pacafeliz wrote:
ChrisPee wrote: ...I for one am glad you posted it.
+1
but i don't think spacecadet's post was aggressive, either. rather sarcastic but true... whatever.

s/o here should check one of these out fer sure. no more new fenders for me...  >:( I CALL FOR A BOYCOTT!!!

Pat.
Ok, then.. maybe I did interpret his posting the wrong way....

I'm just glad some people enjoy the posting anyhow!

spacecadet
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by spacecadet » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Soiouz wrote:
spacecadet wrote:

Maybe I'm interpreting your post wrong, but I certainly feel a rudeness that's totally unecessary...  :(

You're entitled to your opinion, and I am too... And I don't like my opinion being ridiculed like that too much.
Relax, man.  Maybe I should have added a 8) or something to my post.  I wasn't ridiculing your opinion, however I am entitled to state my own too.  It is a discussion forum - you want the last word, get a blog  8)

Maybe it's just my New York City bluntness... but no offense was intended.

Bottom line to me is that this guitar is a ripoff, and not a particularly good one.

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:10 pm

spacecadet wrote:
Relax, man.  Maybe I should have added a 8) or something to my post.  I wasn't ridiculing your opinion, however I am entitled to state my own too.  It is a discussion forum - you want the last word, get a blog  8)

Maybe it's just my New York City bluntness... but no offense was intended.

Bottom line to me is that this guitar is a ripoff, and not a particularly good one.
You probably didn't notice, but I have already admitted  in the post before yours that I did interpret your post the wrong way....

But, yes your bluntness opens the door to misinterpretation, and you did it again in this last post (bold in the quote above...).... I'll just leave it there. Peace. 
:)
Last edited by Soiouz on Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skip
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by skip » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:42 pm

soiouz--- it was a fine post
i cant wait until chris pee tells us the price-- and some details
leave it to the chinese
they sat back and said hey, fenders prices are going through the roof-- let's make some cheaper ones
i think it looks fine for what it is---- let us know chris
and regarding the disagreement--- come on guys-- we are a cool, small community here, let's keep it cool
we all have different opinions and thoughts on stuff because we are all different, and we all put things in our own way
squash it and move on-- you both always have good friendly posts-------
shit i'm tired long ass day at work
i need more guitar time damn it--------
I'm glad there are a lot of guitar players pursuing technique as diligently as they possibly can, it leaves this whole other area open to people like me.
2009 Offset Guitars Fantasy Football Champion!!!!!!!!

sonicmansuperb
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sonicmansuperb » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:54 pm

Soiouz wrote:
spacecadet wrote:

On the guitar itself, when the usual Jazzmaster-style copies we see look like the ones below, I still think this Chinese one isn't too bad...

I now regret posting this altogether...........           >:(
That one is like Gretsch Billy Bo Jupiter meets Fender Jaguar HH
Also Sx guitars are good. I dunno why you named it defecation.jpg

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:54 pm

I like that copy, I wonder if they do cool colors too. Their ordering page is a bit odd tho'