Rockcase Jazzmaster soft case

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Rockcase Jazzmaster soft case

Post by Orang Goreng » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:46 pm

Were we aware of this one? I wasn't. I was expecting a large general purpose softcase that happens to fit a jazzmaster, but judging by the cut-out in the interior, it's really purpose-made. Heh. More diversity!

http://www.thomann.de/nl/rockcase_rc208 ... _light.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

bighonky
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Rockcase Jazzmaster soft case

Post by bighonky » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Hopefully it weighs less than the Fender case. Christ...those things are heavy.

garyptaszek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by garyptaszek » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:31 am

has to be Hiscox for me. though that case looks fin for goin place to place I wouldn't use it for gigs

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 am

Gary, do you find the Hiscox case fits OK? Mine fit my Jaguar great, but is a bit tight on the JM.

garyptaszek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by garyptaszek » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:44 am

idiotbear wrote:Gary, do you find the Hiscox case fits OK? Mine fit my Jaguar great, but is a bit tight on the JM.
at first I thought the JM wouldn't fit in the Hiscox... it looked like it was gonna be just a lil too short... but it works out fine for me and my CIJ Jazzy

hwestman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hwestman » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 am

No experience of the softcases but of Warwick gigbags: They look like a million dollars when new but don't age well...

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:11 am

garyptaszek wrote:has to be Hiscox for me. though that case looks fin for goin place to place I wouldn't use it for gigs
Well yeah, it's a soft case, so more like a gigbag.

markaa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by markaa » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:14 am

That's great and pretty cheap.
Also appears to have a shoulder strap - 5 mins on my bike with my hiscox case and I'm knackered!!

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:28 pm

garyptaszek wrote:
idiotbear wrote:Gary, do you find the Hiscox case fits OK? Mine fit my Jaguar great, but is a bit tight on the JM.
at first I thought the JM wouldn't fit in the Hiscox... it looked like it was gonna be just a lil too short... but it works out fine for me and my CIJ Jazzy
That's weird. I actually sold my Jag case today (no longer owning a Jag), but out of interest tried putting my Thin Skin JM in it. Definitely too short. As in, no way it was gonna close. Maybe mine is an older model than yours - I bought it in '03.

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:57 pm

idiotbear wrote:
garyptaszek wrote:
That's weird. I actually sold my Jag case today (no longer owning a Jag), but out of interest tried putting my Thin Skin JM in it. Definitely too short. As in, no way it was gonna close. Maybe mine is an older model than yours - I bought it in '03.
Huh wut? Heh, good thing I couldn't take you up on your kind offer, then! That would have been a major bummer....well, major...I'd just have put a jag in it. But yeah, I want one so I can bring my second JM as a back-up, so it would sort-of have mootified ;) the point.

Maukio
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Maukio » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:25 pm

My very first guitar, before I knew any better, was one of those cheap PRSes. The only thing good that came out of that purchase was the gig bag. It's light, but padded well, and very durable. My Jazzmasters just barely are able to squeeze in so it's a nice snug fit. I think the hard Fender cases look great, but man they're such a pain to haul around. I love being able to throw my gig bag on my back (backpack-style), have my pedalboard in one hand, and sometimes a separate laptop bag I have filled with other various extra crap on my other shoulder.

At one point I decided I wanted another but I wasn't able to find any way to purchase them separately, unless I just watched eBay or something. That Rockcase looks nice, too. Banzaieffects.com is saying that the Rockcases are made by Warwick.

garyptaszek
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by garyptaszek » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:44 pm

idiotbear wrote:
garyptaszek wrote:
well I bought mine this year... maybe they've changed the cases... or maye the CIJs are shorter... or maybe I got lucky?

PJazzmaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Location: Bo Diddley Technical Institute of Cryptozoology (European HQ)

Post by PJazzmaster » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 am

hi folks, last december I have ordered one rockcase jazzmaster soft case in a local music store in Vienna....I acutally took 6 month (!!!!!!!!!) to arrive....the good thing is that this long waiting time allowed me to get several sets of strings and even some fulltone cables for a special price....however ....I now have the softcase since May....my AVRI perfectly fits in....and ..thanks god...it's not heavy at all....and of course, more safe than in any gigbag.....the only bad thing are the cheap quality pockets outside the bag....they could have zips...etc. ....but at least the guitar is safe...with this bag you don't need to be afraid anymore when you put your JM in the back of a car or bus when on tour...or taking on your bag while riding a bike...I would not be afraid to use it as a 'flight case' .....good investment :freako:
Last edited by PJazzmaster on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zero_
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zero_ » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 am

bighonky wrote:Hopefully it weighs less than the Fender case. Christ...those things are heavy.
If you look at the "sister model", the weight is about 2.5 kg (~5.5 lbs) empty..
http://www.thomann.de/de/rockcase_rc20806b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That price is actually unbeatable.. at least in Europe.

I currently have a mono case... which is really sturdy. But having a foam mold is also great.

@PJazzmaster:
Is the mold hard (Styropor) ? Or is soft foam (Schaumstoff) ?

Stratelejazzuar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Stratelejazzuar » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:42 am

does anybody know of any such cases in north america?