did you see how much this 64 jag went for on ebay recently

Discussion of vintage Jazzmasters, Jaguars, Bass VIs, Electric XIIs and any other offset-waist instruments.
sookwinder
Mods
Mods

did you see how much this 64 jag went for on ebay recently

Post by sookwinder » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:48 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-JAGUAR-ESTAT ... dZViewItem

I haven't wanted to think about the possibility that jaguar prices were heading the same direction that JM and strat prices had gone.

It was bought by someone who look like a dealer, so they will certainly add on their margin to the US $3,250.00 they paid to win the auction
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: did you see how much this 64 jag went for on ebay recently

Post by mezcalhead » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:19 am

Well, that is a particularly clean one, which obviously = megabuck sale to a Japanese collector who can't play guitar.  ::)

There was a nice blue refin pre-CBS Jag went for about $1400 yesterday I think. Jags still aren't that crazy .. you can still pick up pre-CBS Jag necks for about the price of a parted out CIJ neck .. !

Or to look at it another way, MIM Teles over here cost £600 .. = $1200 .. compare that to $1400 for a vintage Fender? Jags are still a bargain IMHO.
Last edited by mezcalhead on Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:34 pm

mezcalhead wrote: Well, that is a particularly clean one, which obviously = megabuck sale to a Japanese collector who can't play guitar.   ::)

There was a nice blue refin pre-CBS Jag went for about $1400 yesterday I think. Jags still aren't that crazy .. you can still pick up pre-CBS Jag necks for about the price of a parted out CIJ neck .. !

Or to look at it another way, MIM Teles over here cost £600 .. = $1200 .. compare that to $1400 for a vintage Fender? Jags are still a bargain IMHO.
Yeah, but for how much longer?  We should snap them all up. I was thinking that about 70s $trats and teles a few years ago, but didn't do it. Now the $850 '78 Strat is over 2K!

It fluctuates crazily. I watched a nice '63 CAR Jag  recently (refin body, correct headstock)... go for $1600. I had offered $1500 and the seller turned it down, saying he had  over 2K into it. My Oly '63 (from the article) only went for a little over $1400. Scottme just scored a nice '68 for 2002 prices. Meanwhile, some orig finish examples have hit record high, even sunbursts.

There are still bargains on refins, but if the Jag follows the JM example...  We'll all wish we had snapped them up.
Q. Are we not men?

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:45 pm

I really wish I had the means to pick up a couple more JMs and at least 2 or 3 Jaguars right now. Sadly I don't and I'm reduced to wishing I even had enough money to complete a $600 Japanese JM project  :(  I regret not buying so many different things from a few years ago. I remember when I wanted a '52 Les Paul really badly and they were selling for like $4k then, but I never got one because I thought it was too much. Now look at them  >:(  But Jazzmasters are much cooler, so I don't regret the Paul too much.

Justin
I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus...

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:08 pm

I paid 1k for my first JM in '92.  It was CHERRY back then but a few years of giggin with it wore it a bit.  I remember looking at loads of custom colors for 1800 and thinking how outrageous they were.  I even turned down a worn yet cool bound 65 oly white for $1400 at one point.