Fujigen Airline copy, what's the word? Fujigen PP-Series

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
Con-Tiki!
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fujigen Airline copy, what's the word? Fujigen PP-Series

Post by Con-Tiki! » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 am

Ceylon wrote:So, wait? The K4L is just the name of the ET-460 reissue?
no.
one is a Teisco, the other's a Silvertone, IIRC.
both original models.
I have a k4l, it's in my avatar.
(Christopher, also)
I've been to one World's Fair, a picnic, and a rodeo, and that's the stupidest thing i ever heard come out a pair of headphones.

spook
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by spook » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Neither, actually. Mine is a Taiwanese copy (Hsin-Mi brand) of the Teiscos, from about 40 years ago.

Image[/quote]

I want that thing so bad!

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Orang Goreng, very nice looking guitar there! Love the double pickup in the bridge position. Always thought that looked cool, you don't see it too often though. Nice finish on it too, looks close burgundy mist.

Hey spook, there's one on eBay right now :P different color but same guitar. A tad out of my price range though. Not sure if it's cool to post an active auction in this section, but the listing is pretty easy to find if your looking under Teisco's

I kind of prefer the Teisco version of this model though. Really love the German carve on it, really helps set it apart from a lot of the guitar of that era. But I'd be happy to own either ;D

spook
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by spook » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm

WonderCouncil wrote:Orang Goreng, very nice looking guitar there! Love the double pickup in the bridge position. Always thought that looked cool, you don't see it too often though. Nice finish on it too, looks close burgundy mist.

Hey spook, there's one on eBay right now different color but same guitar. A tad out of my price range though. Not sure if it's cool to post an active auction in this section, but the listing is pretty easy to find if your looking under Teisco's

I kind of prefer the Teisco version of this model though. Really love the German carve on it, really helps set it apart from a lot of the guitar of that era. But I'd be happy to own either
Please don't tempt me! Haha, i'm saving for a double bass at the moment!

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Came across this the other night and figured I'd post it if anyone was curious. Demo of a Teisco Spectrum 5 reissue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz9BHfl735M
Wish I would have see this when the thing was still for sale.

invisible man
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fujigen PP-Series. What's the word?

Post by invisible man » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm

WonderCouncil wrote: Translucent blue reissue

There must be a way to buy one of these fine recreations! I just don't know how

Kind of love the one with the rainbow spectrum colored switches and three split stereo pickups. I think I read about these before, and somehow got them mixed up with the Bass VI in my mind, as I thought the Bass VI had three split pickups with stereo outputs until recently. I think I was reading up on both around the same time. Now that would be an awesome mod.

http://www.gakki.com/shop3/guya_sharp5.html
This site seems to have some buttons for placing orders, but some of it seems to be in non-english, non-japanese text. A software translation problem I'm assuming. Not sure if this is an active site or not.
https://soundcloud.com/billy-gashade

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 pm

This is perfection! :?

invisible man, thanks for the link. Wish I could tell the asking price for the Spectrum 5. I have my eyes on a Spectrum 5 reissue at the moment. Seeing if I can get the funds together for it or not. Crossing my fingers I can sell off some gear quick and work out a deal on it.

Wish I would have seen this one before it ended. I have relatives up where it was for sale at.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Teisco- ... 7675.l2557
Does the line trhu the $2,299.00 mean that's what it went for or that's what they were initially asking? And they accepted a lower offer? Anything over $700-$800 Is a tad too much IMHO. Then again no clue what they originally went for new.

Looks like the vintage ones for for over a grand now though. Thinking I may never be able to afford one, reissue or vintage.

Sinuata
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sinuata » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:12 am

I hardly ever see Spectrum 5s (vintage or reissue) for sale in Japan any more. At some point around... the late 90s?... they seemed to become the holy grail of Quirky Japanese Guitars. I have a 2012 price guide that lists vintage Spectrum 5s at $450-$550 but I seem to remember the going price to be at least double that, and often more. Maybe SpaceCadet can chip in here; he watches the market much more closely than I do. Any other vintage Teisco can be had for a more sensible price; the reissues have a wide range of prices. The K-* models in particular seem to be pretty plentiful. I have an MQ-56 reissue myself.
AFAIK, the Teisco reissues stopped around 2005 but Kawai owns the name, so who knows if they'll be back for another run. I don't think they produced massive amounts. The Teiscos in Invisible Man's link are marked as sold out, BTW.
Here's another plexiglass Spectrum 5 for you:

fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Post by fullerplast » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 am

I just missed out on this by trying to snipe manually. I was a second too late...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271183661707?ss ... 267wt_1429

$202.50
Q. Are we not men?

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanks Sinuata for the info.

That red Teisco is mighty fine looking and a good price too.

Here's the Spectrum 5 I had my eyes on. When I found it, it had three days left at $99.00. Was bumped up to $400 some in short order, then $911 and now it looks like someone used the buy it now. $2,300 is WAY too much, at least for me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teisco-Spectrum ... 3f23f9ffb6

This may be one of my new dream guitars. It's perfects in so many ways...or wrong in so many ways...depending.

Another picture of the translucent Spectrum.

Kind of curious, as far as body size, how do the Spectrums compare to a Jaguar/Jazzmaster?