Jaguar Series/Parallel Wiring Diagram

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Sylph Co.
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jaguar Series/Parallel Wiring Diagram

Post by Sylph Co. » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:43 am

Basically, I wanted series/parallel switching separate from and independent of the pickup switches. I think I've achieved this, and figured I'd share it with you lot, as I wasn't able to find a diagram/instructions for this arrangement on this site.
I don't use the strangle switch, and the "both pickups off = series" arrangement doesn't really appeal to me, so with a few changes to a diagram posted by theworkoffire, I have exactly what I want.

If you spot any mistakes in my diagram, please point them out that I may not fuck up my Jag.

RobinsonCrusoe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar Series/Parallel Wiring Diagram

Post by RobinsonCrusoe » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:04 am

theworkoffire
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by theworkoffire » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Just to add something I didn't mention in the other thread on this - the strangle switch absolutely makes sense with Jag pickups in series. It takes away a lot of the muddiness and leaves a gorgeous crisp grittiness. I use it all the time, and I'd seriously recommend leaving it in there.

johnnydeformed
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by johnnydeformed » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:59 pm

I just did this mod to one of my AVRI Jags (with a 3-way toggle) and it sounds fantastic. I will say though that I can see the benefit of having the strangle switch with the series. All in all, its a very cool mod.

RolanKlaus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RolanKlaus » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Can anyone help with a diagram for jaguar series/parallel wiring using the rhythm switch as selector? (sacrificing the function of the rhythm circuit of course).

I have looked at different diagrams in the Johnny Marr sign. thread(s), and other wiring related threads but can't seem to find anyone that doesn't also include modifying the pup selectors to single 4 way switch. (I don't want to install one of those)

kalipigeon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kalipigeon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:06 pm

theworkoffire wrote:Just to add something I didn't mention in the other thread on this - the strangle switch absolutely makes sense with Jag pickups in series. It takes away a lot of the muddiness and leaves a gorgeous crisp grittiness. I use it all the time, and I'd seriously recommend leaving it in there.
You can do both even - if you make the strangle capacitor a jumper between two lugs that are only in-line when the series mode is engaged. I did a 4-way tele mod this way and it works beautifully. You end up with a less severe volume boost because the bass strangle is engaged automatically when you switch to series. You still keep the more aggressive mids and push the amp a bit, but it doesn't get muddy.