Squier VM Bass VI wiring issue

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
gare_dot
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Squier VM Bass VI wiring issue

Post by gare_dot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:01 am

Hi, I just found this forum and this is my first message. I love the Fender Bass VI, I have PSVI in Sunburst and now just bought Squier VM Bass VI in Black. Everything was fine with my Squier until i noticed that Tone pot were doing strange behavior it was not doing its job and doing as a volume pot. I re-opened to do a detailed inspection on Pots and comparing with wiring diagrams on the Internet found the Issue.

The big question is if All Squiers VM Bass VI have the same issue from Factory
Please check yours and let us know!

Now after fixing it, Squier Bass VI Tone pot is working as used to be, find below some pics of the wiring issue!

Cable coming from Switches (green color) was connected in lug 2 (middle one) on Vol pot. Found on Original diagram this cable from switches should be on the 1 lug instead. See pic how was originally when it arrives to my home:

This Pic is after i made the change on Vol pot from lug 2 to lug 1. You can see the green cable was changed, this cable is comming from switches and is the pickup signal.

This is how looks the Original Fender Bass VI 1962 and 1972. Now i have a match talking about wiring. Next thing will be changing Pots from 1 Meg to 250 kOhms:

dscrunchy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Squier VM Bass VI wiring issue

Post by dscrunchy » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Thanks for posting those detailed pics!

I am looking into picking one of these up.

Looks like a great instrument!!

How is it playing these days?

Cheers,

Dean