Any love for Vox amps?

Make it loud here.
Post Reply
User avatar
SY6655321
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by SY6655321 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Larsongs wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:12 pm
Did you get a 2nd AC15 or Speaker Cab? Either way very cool! I know what you mean, I love my Vox Amps..
A second ac15, using my dd-7 and running them in stereo.

User avatar
Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1809
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by Larsongs » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:24 pm

SY6655321 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:18 pm
Larsongs wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:12 pm
Did you get a 2nd AC15 or Speaker Cab? Either way very cool! I know what you mean, I love my Vox Amps..
A second ac15, using my dd-7 and running them in stereo.
How do you adjust the lower Amp? All the Controls are on top..

I use a Keeley 30 MS Double Tracker Pedal & run my AC15 & 65 DRRI Stereo.. DRRI on the bottom as the Controls are on the front of the Amp... I have thought about a 2 X 12 Vox Cabinet with Celestion Alnico Blues. But, I'd like to have the AC15 Alnico Blue live as well to run Stereo.... Although I have thought about a second AC15 with Blue too...

I also do the same thing with Modded AC10 & 65 PRRI Amps... Fender & Vox make a great Sound together...

User avatar
SY6655321
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by SY6655321 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:34 pm

The control panel is recessed enough that you can mess with the knobs easily, even with another amp on top. The chicken head pointer knobs kinda help with seeing your settings. I play both my amps on the same settings, so it's not a big deal. I just find a good volume on the lower amp and then match the top amp to it.

How's the Keeley 30 MS Double Tracker? I'm using my Boss DD-7 on the 50ms mode to try and get that stereo double tracked sound.

User avatar
Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1809
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by Larsongs » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:26 pm

SY6655321 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:34 pm
The control panel is recessed enough that you can mess with the knobs easily, even with another amp on top. The chicken head pointer knobs kinda help with seeing your settings. I play both my amps on the same settings, so it's not a big deal. I just find a good volume on the lower amp and then match the top amp to it.

How's the Keeley 30 MS Double Tracker? I'm using my Boss DD-7 on the 50ms mode to try and get that stereo double tracked sound.
I have the Keeley 30 MS Double Tracker Pedal on my Boss BCB60 Pedal Board.. It can be used Mono with one Amp or Stereo with 2 Amps.. The Abbey Mode nails the Abbey Road Double Track Sound. Extremely versatile..

Check out this demo...

https://youtu.be/-3jTSw0grXg

User avatar
Great Yawn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:21 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by Great Yawn » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:06 am

The power amp is where the good VOX tone lies for me. Turn the master all the way up, and use the Top Boost channel volume to dial in the actual volume for a nice compressed clean tone.

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by Maggieo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:04 am

Great Yawn wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:06 am
The power amp is where the good VOX tone lies for me. Turn the master all the way up, and use the Top Boost channel volume to dial in the actual volume for a nice compressed clean tone.
IMO, this is what makes my AC4HW so gooood!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
daemon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 704
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Location: Cincinnati, O-H-I-O

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by daemon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:34 am

Probably not the Voxes you guys are talking about, but I found a VX2 for sale right here in Ohio and it shipped the next day. I love the sounds of the VX1 but wanted something a little louder that I could actually use at practice or maybe even an outdoor gig (whenever those happen again). The VX2 certainly fit the bill. Oddly enough I like all of the non-Vox modeling settings on it the most, especially the Brit 800. Got some seriously chunky AC/DC action on that one.

User avatar
Vendetagainst
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:42 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by Vendetagainst » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Oh man, Voxes are so great. I found an AC15 for $350 (!), but I don't have that kinda money rn :/

User avatar
Nudger
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:10 am
Location: England

Re: Any love for Vox amps?

Post by Nudger » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:52 am

I got a Vox Pathfinder 15 that I had a lot o fun modding.

Bolted a second cab to it..
Added tremolo speed cap mod
Headroom mod
Blues Junior Reverb Tank Mod

Jensen Alnico 8" Speaker and a Celestion Ceramic 8" Speaker Both 4 Ohm.

Thinking about moving it on and getting a AC4 though.
Image
Image

Post Reply