Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Make it loud here.
User avatar
dc
Expat
Expat
Posts: 2087
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: seattle

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by dc » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:15 pm

i see Ibanez has just reentered the segment with an analog mini-pedal. this has to be their first tremolo offering in at least 20 years, i think since the "SoundTank" line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My3w4Y27GTo
and out of the king / was beat the stuffing

User avatar
MC3
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 am

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by MC3 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:12 am

I play an AC15 so I use the Trem on that. But I’ve been looking for an Acid Fuzz Repeater (or Sonic Boom ;) )

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Maggieo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 pm

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
DrQuasar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:58 am
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by DrQuasar » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm

EXH Stereo Pulsar. It sounds good to me. The stereo feature is nice to have. It can do a ringmodish kind of sound as well.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 9571
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:20 pm

I have 2 favorites: EQD Hummingbird and a Caroline Parabola. Both are amazing.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3325
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:59 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by somanytoys » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:16 am

Maggieo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 pm
This one:

Image
Amelia Upon Amp, February 29, 2020 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr
A cat?!?

Reminds me of a twitter video I saw yesterday. A guy was playing his classical sitting on a bed, and his dog was next to him, playing a bass drum next to him, hitting the pedal with his paw - exactly in time, very nonchalantly. It was really cool.

Cats are more moody and less dependable....haha

Edit: I found a YouTube video that’s a mashup of it and others, here’s the link:
https://youtu.be/2wHs4Ua_obs
Last edited by somanytoys on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Maggieo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:18 am

somanytoys wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:16 am
Maggieo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 pm
This one:

Image
Amelia Upon Amp, February 29, 2020 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr
A cat?!?

Reminds me of a twitter video I saw yesterday. A guy was playing his classical sitting on a bed, and his dog was next to him, playing a bass drum next to him with his paw, exactly in time, very nonchalantly. It was cool.

Cats are more moody and less dependable....haha
:D :D :D :D

The amp has amazing Brownface Princeton trem, Amelia is a bonus!

I am still loving my Caroline Parabola, BTW.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3325
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:59 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by somanytoys » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:26 am

Those seem like really nice amps. I’ll need to try one of them one day, along with a great many others I’ve read a lot about.

My cat has a very “Fuck you, I am cat. I do what I want” attitude, she’s no help with the equipment. Or much else.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Maggieo » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:13 pm

somanytoys wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:26 am
Those seem like really nice amps. I’ll need to try one of them one day, along with a great many others I’ve read a lot about.

My cat has a very “Fuck you, I am cat. I do what I want” attitude, she’s no help with the equipment. Or much else.
You'll have to come to my house, then! Ty Pierce built the prototype, decided he couldn't sell it at a profit, and sold the proto to me. There's just the one, sadly.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
Owl
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 pm
Location: France

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Owl » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 am

Hi,
Has any of you tried the Old Blood Noise Endeavors WhiteCap? The "ramp" feature seems nice...

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Xk3kSurnU

User avatar
tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:24 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by tune_link » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:20 pm
I have 2 favorites: EQD Hummingbird and a Caroline Parabola. Both are amazing.
Shadow tell me more about the Hummingbird. I've been eyeing one for a bit now. The only trem pedal I ever owned was the Boss TR2 mentioned here and it just didn't do much for me. I think I used it on a single recording and then eventually sold it. The Hummingbird from all the demos I've watched sounds very singular.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 9571
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:55 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:13 pm
You'll have to come to my house, then! Ty Pierce built the prototype, decided he couldn't sell it at a profit, and sold the proto to me. There's just the one, sadly.
That's a damn shame! That's a great sounding amp!! I wonder if he'd be willing to make one just like that as a one-off custom some time. To me, that amp really is the best of all worlds as he claims.

Owl wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 am
Hi,
Has any of you tried the Old Blood Noise Endeavors WhiteCap? The "ramp" feature seems nice...

Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Xk3kSurnU
That is super cool! I'll check out a demo later, but OBNE makes some super cool stuff, and I didn't even realize that they made a tremolo...

tune_link wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:59 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:20 pm
I have 2 favorites: EQD Hummingbird and a Caroline Parabola. Both are amazing.
Shadow tell me more about the Hummingbird. I've been eyeing one for a bit now. The only trem pedal I ever owned was the Boss TR2 mentioned here and it just didn't do much for me. I think I used it on a single recording and then eventually sold it. The Hummingbird from all the demos I've watched sounds very singular.
This is what sold me on my first one. I mean, honestly, Andy could probably get me excited about dog crap, because Andy is just amazing :D But it's a really fun tremolo. It is fairly simple, yes, but it's got 3 speed ranges (mode switch) and sounds incredible. The newest version (V4) has the EQD flexi-switching, so you can turn it on and off like normal, or you can get it momentary if you hold it down. It's EQD's take on an old repeat percussion style tremolo. There are tons of tremolos out there that have more features, but for a basic tremolo you can't go wrong with the Hummingbird. That said, tremolo is my favorite effect, and I really wanted a frequency modulation-style tremolo as well, so I have the Parabola as well. At the moment, the Parabola is the only trem on my guitar board, and the Hummingbird resides on my bass board.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
tune_link
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 366
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:24 am
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Contact:

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by tune_link » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:41 am

Oh yeah Andy is pretty on point with the demos. I'd rather watch him than most anyone else. He keeps the wanking to a minimum and shows the most useful demonstrations of just about anyone. I have a few other go to guys for pedal demos but he's probably #1.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 9571
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:42 pm

tune_link wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:41 am
Oh yeah Andy is pretty on point with the demos. I'd rather watch him than most anyone else. He keeps the wanking to a minimum and shows the most useful demonstrations of just about anyone. I have a few other go to guys for pedal demos but he's probably #1.
He does! BUT the issue I've found is that because Andy is so good, I've often found that when I get a pedal, it doesn't sound quite as good as he can make it sound, or I can't get certain tones specifically. If Andy's demos inspire me, then I go looking for Mike Herman's or Just Nick on YouTube. It's the same with Knobs: his videos are AMAZING, but are more artistic than "this is truly what the pedal will sound like in your hands".
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
Lame Pseudonym
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Tremolo Pedal. Which one do you use?

Post by Lame Pseudonym » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:51 pm

The General Guitar Gadgets EA Tremolo is very smooth and sweet.

Post Reply