Easy combo mod that doubled my amp sounds.

Make it loud here.
AWSchmit
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Easy combo mod that doubled my amp sounds.

Post by AWSchmit » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:11 am

I did this little mod to my Fender Champ the other day and thought I'd share. Since it has already had plenty of other repairs and part swaps I didn't worry too much about devaluing it. I detached the speaker leads from the speaker and attached those to a switchcraft 1/4" jack and mounted that inside the cab to a small aluminum bracket I found in my shop. Then I attached an 8 foot long speaker cable to the speaker. So now I can run the amp as usual or run it through an external cabinet as well as run my other low output amps through the 8 inch speaker... Which is my preferred favorite sound of late. I've really been loving how my VHT Special 6 and Vox Lil Night Train sound through the smaller speaker. Typically, I would run them both through a high wattage 12 inch Weber. If you happen to have a similar set up, I highly recommend this cheap mod.

I finally finish building a guitar, go to play it, and then remember, "oh yeah, that's right. I suck at playing... Why did I build another guitar again?"

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Easy combo mod that doubled my amp sounds.

Post by jorri » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:13 am

Is a good idea

Used to run my vox that had a single vintage styled inefficient speaker, into a modern 412. Could still hear elements of the distortion character but was like a different amp

If course it had external speaker output as stock but I have a combo now that doesn't. Wish it did though.