Positive Grid Spark Practice Amp

Make it loud here.
Play_at_Guitar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Positive Grid Spark Practice Amp

Post by Play_at_Guitar » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:00 am

The ratio of people complaining on the forum is very low. They just don't understand what a "preorder" means. I have seen 6 months on some products before shipping. I preordered in mid December and hopefully it will come in May, but no big deal if it takes longer. There are many more important things to be concerned about these days and PG has been excellent refunding people's money very quickly when requested.

I also thought the price was really good...and there are plenty of YouTube videos saying what a great practice amp it is.

I use wireless for both my guitar to amp and headphones. It is nice just being able to not hassle with cords and also walk around the house playing and listening without bothering anybody.

PG sent out copies of their Bias FX 2 application as a gift to use because of the delays and I really like it. So easy to use.

Will let you know when my Spark arrives.

Stay safe!!
I just hope I can play guitars in my next life! Maybe then there will be time to actually get good!

Play_at_Guitar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Play_at_Guitar » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:58 am

Here are instructions to output to a cab or whatever:

"You can use the Spark headphone out to an amp or mixing board. What you need is a Stereo to Mono Summing Cable with Resistors ( 3.5mm TRS to 1/4" TS ). Do not use a straight stereo to mono cable, you could mess up your Spark because of the load on the amp. I use a Stereo to Mono Summing Cable from Castline. I am running the headphone out from the Spark to a Quilter MicroBlock amp (flat EQ) with a 12" open back cab and the rig sounds great."
I just hope I can play guitars in my next life! Maybe then there will be time to actually get good!

hexes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hexes » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:37 pm

Play_at_Guitar wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:58 am

"You can use the Spark headphone out to an amp or mixing board. What you need is a Stereo to Mono Summing Cable with Resistors ( 3.5mm TRS to 1/4" TS ). Do not use a straight stereo to mono cable, you could mess up your Spark because of the load on the amp. I use a Stereo to Mono Summing Cable from Castline. I am running the headphone out from the Spark to a Quilter MicroBlock amp (flat EQ) with a 12" open back cab and the rig sounds great."
if anyone wants a stereo to mono summing cable for their spark, you can easily make your own for under $10. (*one male TRS connector to fit spark headphone output, *few feet of shielded 3 conductor mic cable, *one male TS connector, * two 470 Ohm 1/8th watt resistors at 1% tolerance, *some solder and heat shrink tubing)

Play_at_Guitar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Play_at_Guitar » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:04 pm

hexes wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:37 pm
Play_at_Guitar wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:58 am

if anyone wants a stereo to mono summing cable for their spark, you can easily make your own for under $10. (*one male TRS connector to fit spark headphone output, *few feet of shielded 3 conductor mic cable, *one male TS connector, * two 470 Ohm 1/8th watt resistors at 1% tolerance, *some solder and heat shrink tubing)
Exactly what I would do. Thanks for posting the info.