Any experience with Benson Amps?

Make it loud here.
Nayff
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Any experience with Benson Amps?

Post by Nayff » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:38 pm

Hey everyone!

I've been looking for a new amp and being near the portland area keep seeing little things about Benson amps. I was originally looking at a vintage fender, most likely a Princeton, but wanted to get some opinions on the Benson. If anyone here has any experience, hows is the headroom/breakup? I'm more of a plug-and-play type of player, not much of a pedal guy, how are the cleans? I live by the fender clean sound but could probably do with a little variety and would it hold up well as an at-home amp? it's more of a bedroom amp than a gig amp.

Thanks!

Meriphew
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Any experience with Benson Amps?

Post by Meriphew » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:54 am

I've never had a chance to play one, but have only heard good things about them. Search the amp forum on TGP. Lots of people with them there.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:46 am

I’ve played few in shops. Definitely nice. I considered saving my pennies for a Monarch at one point, but decided to go a cheaper route.

Tafarel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tafarel » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:09 am

My band went into ARC studio a month or so before the pandemic hit. A Benson Chimera a/Benson 2x12 cabinet was set up in the big room of the studio and I asked to try it. After a moment dialing in a tone I liked I ended up playing it on ten tracks. It is definitely a Fender-type sound.

And although you don't use pedals, it is the most solid pedal platform I've ever used.

All in all I spent six - seven hours playing it. If I could afford one I would buy one. It is a really, really solid amp. Bare bones, which is what I like. YMMV.
"I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory, and I didn't have a good time."