Help me find the Tube Amp that I need.

Make it loud here.
echobaseone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Help me find the Tube Amp that I need.

Post by echobaseone » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Here's the back...bit of gap to either side, but nothing too bad.
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth.

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:34 pm

It looks really nice !  8)

Unfortunately, doing the same will costs me more actually..
Here a Valve Jr head cost 166 Euros (= 244$ !), so if you compared to the 80$ asked for the steel cage, it's definitely not cheaper !  :'(
And I must say I'm a bit afraid to know the amp will cross the ocean without something to really protect the tubes..

Well, and I'm sure it's possible to do something looking really nice with the steel cage and some spray paint bottle..  :)

Ps: I just noticed I forgot to put the link of the cab I talked about in my previous post  ::) : here it is: http://www.thomann.de/fr/framus_fr212_cb.htm
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

echobaseone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by echobaseone » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:56 pm

My amp came very well packed. Tubes were packed separately in plastic bubble wrap, so don't let that worry you. Jim Frenzel is very easy to talk to, he answered all my questions usually the day I asked him. If you'd like him to pack it for the long journey, I'm sure he would do so.
As far as the head goes...If you like the looks of the cage, then definitely get it that way. Otherwise 5 small pieces of 12mm wood and a handle could make a nice enclosure.
The Framus looks ok, but I'm not sure that Vintage 30s are the speaker you're looking for. If the Vox sound is what you're after. I'm sure you can find a used cabinet on eBay or somewhere and get some Celestion Blues or Eminence Red Fangs or something.
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth.

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:34 pm

If you're still interested I've tried the laney 15W for a gig in a school, it's nice, but it's the kind of amp that farts out with a bigmuff+neck pickup
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?