The Mysteries of My Unicord

Make it loud here.
SlowNerveAction
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

The Mysteries of My Unicord

Post by SlowNerveAction » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:08 pm

So a few months ago I picked up this old Unicord 4x10 combo, and to be frank, I'm pretty much in love with it. :?
Two channels, plus a channel mixing input, the first channel's got this mystery clipping pot, seems to be the grittiest "fuzz" ever, but it doesnt really distort too much. Sounds ratty, but in a good way :] The first channel also has a push/pull volume pot, which enables the high boost, making this solid state treble machine that much more so - its very, very bright! Three band EQ, a master volume, and a nice spring reverb to boot.

(Sorry about the Genesis in the way, its the only photo I have of either)
But the Unicord is apparently a very obscure amp. :-[

I don't know of anyone whose had one in the past, and the internet has yielded very little information other than it was made by the Univox company for a series called the "720" line (go figure :D). I pulled it apart and found a July 6, 1977 date inside, and I'd assume the speakers are just the factory japanese ones...

My challenge to you, oh great purveyors of information, is to help me find out a little bit more about this creature! And if anyone else has owned a Unicord amp in the past, tell me what you think of them  8)

Thank you!

-Alex