Harmonic Percolator.. Steve Albini reviews the BP-1

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: Rat or Harmonic Percolator? (+ Steve Albini reviews the BP-1)

Post by Maggieo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:27 pm

Well, I'll say this- my BP-1 is a nice mid-drive overdrive w/a hint of fuzz pedal, but it might be unique, so YMMV.  I don't much care for newer RATs, but I love, love, love, love, love my early 80's RAT, so I dunno.  I don't think I'd buy a BP-1 now and I'm thankful I got the one I did, because it sounds fantastic with my Jazzmaster (not so much with my Strat and Tele and Les Paul- I wonder if it'd play well with my Dano?).

Maybe a Keely-modded RAT?  Hell, just get a Z Vex SHO or Super Duper or Box of Rock.  You can't go wrong with Zack's shit.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:41 pm

actually I'm thinking about finally trying a Super Duper, I reckon that'd work well with my Big Muff

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:49 pm

daydreamdelay wrote: actually I'm thinking about finally trying a Super Duper, I reckon that'd work well with my Big Muff
My SHO is massive, so the Super Duper must be, well, even more massive.  I'm not sure if it'd work well with a BM, tho' as it seems to be all about driving the shit out of tubes.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:16 pm

I have a feeling it'd love being pushed by a super high impedance boost  :)