Re: NPD: Caroline Guitar Company Météore Reverb And Parabola Trem

Post by Gavanti » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:07 am

Maggieo wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:52 am
Gavanti wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:20 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:24 pm
The Megabyte sounds good, but no delay has ever sounded as good to my ears as my Kilobyte. I'm tempted to buy a Megabyte for my bass board, but there's no way I'm getting rid of the Kilobyte on my guitar board.
I hear you. I'm counting on the Megabyte sounding as good as the Kilobyte. The tap tempo would be a pretty significant step up for use with my band.
I reckon, by the demo, that the Mega is right up there with the Kilo, and Philippe makes good stuff. I'm jazzed.
So I'd be curious to know what you thought of the Megabyte. I ended up returning mine. The tap tempo was inconsistent, which I assume is not the case on all of them, but I found it a lot darker than the Kilobyte overall and had trouble dialing in sounds that I loved, which was never the issue with the Kilo. I picked up a limited-run Kilo with a wider gain range, and I'm much happier with that. With that said, I think this is a case of individual taste and expectations. The Mega's features were great—the ability to oscillate the pedal even while it was off, the tails option, and the voicing of the modulation, especially—and I thought the voicing might work well for someone else.