Bass pre-amp/DIs

Everyone needs a stompbox.
timiscott
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Bass pre-amp/DIs

Post by timiscott » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:41 am

I'm a big fan of the Iridium so, horses for courses etc. Just ordered the Eden World Tour DI though as DV247 are churning them out at £71 at the minute - which seems live a very good price indeed. I watched some demos online and thought the Eden could do a good, warm and semi-scooped tone compared tis some others. Overall, well pleased and very grateful for the advice offered on the OSG... as always.

mazzjaster
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by mazzjaster » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:24 am

The DarkGlass Microtubes X Ultra IS my bass amp. I haven’t had a proper bass amp for almost a year now. I also don’t play bass in a band so, there’s that. I can’t say enough good things about this pedal and the free and very simple DarkGlass suite software.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:43 am

timiscott wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:41 am
I'm a big fan of the Iridium so, horses for courses etc. Just ordered the Eden World Tour DI though as DV247 are churning them out at £71 at the minute - which seems live a very good price indeed. I watched some demos online and thought the Eden could do a good, warm and semi-scooped tone compared tis some others. Overall, well pleased and very grateful for the advice offered on the OSG... as always.
I've owned one for years, I don't think you'll be disappointed. They do sound good and have all you need. The compression is powerful and really does the job, a little is a lot there.

Just an all around good pedal. I'd call it a great pedal except for minor quibbles, like how the blue light is so bright it will keep your neighbors awake at night, the switch is kind of dumb, and there's no power on/off so if you want to power it down you have to unplug the cord.

Still, it sounds very good at a great price, and that's what you are paying for in the end. Let us know how you find it. I was able to dial in a pretty close Jean-Jacques Burnel from the Stranglers sound using that Eden and my G&L SB-1.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

timiscott
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timiscott » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:36 am

That's reassuring to know. Big fan of JJB and will definitely be hunting down the clank and grind!