I can chug on my Vox Vietnamese AC15 now. With a Rectifier type of pedal.

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Giovanni
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: I can chug on my Vox Vietnamese AC15 now. With a Rectifier type of pedal.

Post by Giovanni » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm

jorri wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:05 am
Ive done something opposite. I can chime on my solid states with my Vox style pedal. I got an AMT bricks vx clean. Very impressed, but most the other 'bricks' are chugging type pedals. There are barely any reviews on this thing but the older non-valve amp sims were very positively reviewed.
Lol wow! That’s good to know. That had to be crazy when you made that happen.

Giovanni
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Giovanni » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:26 pm

mcatano wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:54 am
Try the Revv G3 or G4 maybe.
I have been seeing those around, I will look into it thank you. 😊

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:04 am

Giovanni wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:25 pm
jorri wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:05 am
Ive done something opposite. I can chime on my solid states with my Vox style pedal. I got an AMT bricks vx clean. Very impressed, but most the other 'bricks' are chugging type pedals. There are barely any reviews on this thing but the older non-valve amp sims were very positively reviewed.
Lol wow! That’s good to know. That had to be crazy when you made that happen.
No direct comparison ive done but i like it, i am not too worried abt accuracy but IT CHIMES it does syrupy things my vox did, bearing in mind i had the neodog speaker (cc1) and often used a line-out tap to record before i got rid of it. Vox I avoid having to biamp because i really want a dirty, chimy amp until i turn on any kind of ambient or heavy-fuzz effect which i then want a JC style solid state. Its night and day difference and even gives some roar to fuzz face sounds. Ive only tried with my Yamaha amp, due to laziness maybe, but thats got a fender speaker installed, and im hoping to replace that with a JC type.

Likewise AMT more known in the Chugger genres, and whole ampsim crazy preamps. There are a number of rectifier style ones they do, and massive selection of the 'metal' amps with a vox and fender 'clean' in the minority.

Giovanni
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Giovanni » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:10 pm

Are there any forums or social media pages dedicated to fans of chimy tones? That would be cool to have a to hear the latest and greatest gear for jangle and chime. Maybe we are too small of a minority for it to be beneficial to anyone. I know my wife hates it though lmao!

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Giovanni wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:10 pm
Are there any forums or social media pages dedicated to fans of chimy tones? That would be cool to have a to hear the latest and greatest gear for jangle and chime. Maybe we are too small of a minority for it to be beneficial to anyone. I know my wife hates it though lmao!
It seems popular here?

or maybe there is a subreddit for vox amps!

Giovanni
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Giovanni » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:08 pm

Yes that’s true. More the guitar end of it I was thinking originally. But the more I look around, the more I realize this IS that place.

Moved my rig into another room and it seems to have lost the vibe, but i think my guitar just needs new strings. I have actually popped these ones off a few times already while working on some stuff so they’re probably dead. Ill use them to do a bone nut then im gonna restring and see what happens.

Theres a guy selling an EGDM and a ruby red for 200 dollars. Im gassing so hard on that rn but I am just gonna try to “make do” with what I have and not buy them. It’s so hard. Even got the ok from the wife. Not gonna do it tho.