Has Anyone Replaced Their Pedalboards with Helix?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Telliot
Mods
Mods

Re: Has Anyone Replaced Their Pedalboards with Helix?

Post by Telliot » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:30 pm

BTL wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:09 pm
burpgun wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:57 am
[...] Anyway, I wonder if Fender will make this bass friendly over time as well.
This may be what tips me towards the Helix...I need to dig a little deeper.
This is ultimately what made me decide to go with a Helix. Having bass patches is a HUGE plus, and now I have a recallable rig that I can replicate the sound of and (hopefully) reduce how much time I spend trying to get the bass to sit better in the mix. Until now I feel like I've had to reinvent that almost every time I record.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

cestlamort
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cestlamort » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:27 pm

Embenny wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:55 am
It's important to realize that Fender's hardware cost is fixed, and the software development has been paid for.

Selling the unit cheaper with fewer models simply means less profit, unless they price it such that a fully-unlocked unit would be much more expensive than the current price.

All that would mean is that people would be getting less for their money, and more importantly, their unit would be massively outcompeted by alternatives on the market.
Right, if course it makes no sense for them to do that. The software development is already done so the hardware is the only real unit cost. I personally don’t need or want a good amount of the options in there. That said, a fender tonemaster “just the fender stuff and a jazz chorus” version would be interesting to me. Or, I could just acquire all the real world stuff piecemeal.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:30 pm

I just saw UA released the OX Stomp.

Lots of ways to approach the amp/cab sim thing these days.