Sovtek Russian Big Muff V7 Help...

Everyone needs a stompbox.
GAZINGUK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Sovtek Russian Big Muff V7 Help...

Post by GAZINGUK » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:05 am

Hi everyone,

I have an old Civil War Big Muff, which needs a repair. The pedal arrived last week and while looking it over to see exactly what it needs, I noticed that not only was the plastic battery cover missing (already aware of this when I bought it), but the internal battery holder / box is missing too e.g. the internal plastic tub with sponge in it that hold the 9v battery, and is attached by two screws inside the pedal when you open it up. Essentially, the thing that the battery cover fits over:

I know these are hard to find unless I obtain a cheap sovtek pedal made around the same time to provide parts. I contacted someone about having one made, as he makes replacement 3D printed battery covers for Sovtek pedals. Apparently, he can do it but he requires clear pictures and the dimensions of the part, which is going to be a bit tricky without an example to work from. Therefore, I just wanted to ask if anyone on here with an early civil war Big Muff would able to look inside their pedal and take some pictures and measurements for me to pass on to him, so he can produce some? I believe he could bring the cost down if other people are interested and need these for their early Sovtek pedals.