New "Bass VI" Board Day!

Everyone needs a stompbox.
MrShake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New "Bass VI" Board Day!

Post by MrShake » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:37 pm

And excuse to build not one, but two boards specifically intended for the Bass VI cousin in our house, the Jag Baritone Custom

So, on the Boss board -- some oldies that had been floating on standby in my drawer and a couple new pickups to fill things out up there. The SD-1 was purchased last for the board, I've never had one. I like it. I thought it would do well on something Cure-adjacent, and be good to have around as a practical utility pedal. The LMB-3 was bought for this board, too, after I realized it was going to be a Bass VI board. Still dialing things in, but sounds great so far, quite enjoying the simplicity of it.

The minis board is a way to add a Rat and Flanger to a bunch of new impulse buys and get something useful. A Bass VI board that's probably a little closer sonically to my typical main/live board. Rat goes to Turbo in this one, though, and still figuring out the reverb, it's got a lot of nice options.

Either of these could make for a fun "I wanna shake things up" for recording tones or writing/noodling on guitar, too, but both have been killing it so far the past couple days as dedicated Bass VI-type setups.