...so a new EHX Big Muff came out today...

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

...so a new EHX Big Muff came out today...

Post by Pacafeliz » Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:54 am

...and sold out in about an hour.
https://www.ehx.com/products/double-ann ... g-muff-pi/
Limited to 555 pieces, à $250

Looks like EHX paid attention to the Shields Blender.

I think it's kinda stupid tbh.
Soon on Reverb for €999 or so, wanna bet? :fp:
Last edited by Pacafeliz on Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Re: ...so a new EHX Big Muff came out today...

Post by OffYourFace » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:52 am

ew no thx

echobaseone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by echobaseone » Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:28 pm

uh YES PLEASE. Stupid how?
This could replace the Violet Caprid I rarely use and have on display. Ha.
Needs Davies knobs though. Do they come in GOLD?

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:33 pm

I’m surprised they didn’t charge more for it. Not that I think it’s worth more, but most people who are in the market for such things will have money to spend.

Plus, it comes in a “regal velvet bag”, not just any velvet bag.

I’m sure it will look great in a display case next to the $1000 Gibson pickups currently being discussed in another thread.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:43 pm

JVG wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:33 pm
I’m surprised they didn’t charge more for it. Not that I think it’s worth more, but most people who are in the market for such things will have money to spend.

Plus, it comes in a “regal velvet bag”, not just any velvet bag.

I’m sure it will look great in a display case next to the $1000 Gibson pickups currently being discussed in another thread.
It will look great next to the gold Horsie pedal.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:30 pm

Muffs are already a nope for me, EHX “build quality” is another nope, and $250 for a mass produced dirt pedal is a definite nope.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:31 pm

I mean, it DOES look cool. But it's an already in production ciruit in an already in production case, only in gold and with a velvet bag and wooden box... fcol
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

Jan Deal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jan Deal » Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:42 am

The guitar pedal bubble is so close to bursting.
Seas, Starry : Fuzz / Pop / Noises

"Gorgeous, soaring waves of guitars which feedback and squall deliriously with fluid and organic rhythms”

www.seasstarry.bandcamp.com

F15hface
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by F15hface » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:56 am

At least it’s full size through hole components rather than SMD. I like big pedals and I like muffs, I didn’t buy one but I was tempted.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:50 am

Yeah, I saw it on YouTube earlier. I love EHX stuff, but this was a huge no thanks from me, even if I could get one.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:45 am

I think it would have been more interesting had they done a proper Triangle circuit. Rams Heads are great, but they seem to be the most prevalent out there (in terms of clones). I’ve had a gutted chassis sitting here for a couple years that I’ve been planning on stuffing with a Triangle circuit. Just haven’t gotten to it yet.
This isn’t some kind of metaphor
Goddamn this is real

interceptör
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by interceptör » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:29 pm

It's cool and all and I really dig EHX and Muffs, but this phenomenon of pedals (and guitars, and amps, and anything vintage, and anythimg "out of production", and anything "first version", and anything "limited edition", etc.) turning into speculative investments is pretty fucking repulsive and has turned me off of buying new gear altogether.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:03 pm

i really wanna see an end to the hype beastification of the guitar world at this point.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

MrShake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MrShake » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:03 pm
i really wanna see an end to the hype beastification of the guitar world at this point.
interceptör wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:29 pm
It's cool and all and I really dig EHX and Muffs, but this phenomenon of pedals (and guitars, and amps, and anything vintage, and anythimg "out of production", and anything "first version", and anything "limited edition", etc.) turning into speculative investments is pretty fucking repulsive and has turned me off of buying new gear altogether.
Thirded. People twisting themselves in knots to justify how it's different or special, when it's functionally the same thing. It's what priced me out of comic books when I was a kid, and buying up game cartridges in my 30s.

I've got a list of some cool stuff I want, and none of it is limited. I felt a little silly buying my WFRI Rat back in the day, but I'm glad I did.

There was a "coolest looking pedals" thread in another forum. A lot of 'em were nice -- hey, I commented -- but too many of them looked like artisinal ornaments never to be gigged and not music machines. Just not for me, but I hate the way that mentality and attendant market bubble is driving prices high across the board at an unnatural rate.

Prices go up, I get it, but the hype machine has them accelerating and the fact that (to quote someone else I read) Rod and Todd Flanders have taken over the hobby once it became about colorful collectibles (which are FINE! there's a place for that in PedalLand!), that type of thing is taking up all the air in the Gear Room. I don't know much about the boutique amp world, but from what I read it seems like the same B.S. for a higher tax bracket. Curated collections.

The tech I take my amps to is a swell guy, great to talk with, considered by all the local gigging musicians i know to be one of the best in the city for decades. My wife and I beg him to regale us with tales of extra-fussy boutique customers.

One was about a guy whose super-high end BRAND new combo had a rattle. If I remember right, it was a slightly loose bolt in the speaker cab area, some of the thread had stripped. The tech replaced the defective bolt. Put the nut back on, secured it. The guy was convinced it didn't sound right after the bolt was swapped. Sold the amp.

I'm going next week. I hope he's got time.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:38 am

MrShake wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:33 pm
s_mcsleazy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:03 pm
interceptör wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:29 pm
Thirded. People twisting themselves in knots to justify how it's different or special, when it's functionally the same thing. It's what priced me out of comic books when I was a kid, and buying up game cartridges in my 30s.

I've got a list of some cool stuff I want, and none of it is limited. I felt a little silly buying my WFRI Rat back in the day, but I'm glad I did.

There was a "coolest looking pedals" thread in another forum. A lot of 'em were nice -- hey, I commented -- but too many of them looked like artisinal ornaments never to be gigged and not music machines. Just not for me, but I hate the way that mentality and attendant market bubble is driving prices high across the board at an unnatural rate.

Prices go up, I get it, but the hype machine has them accelerating and the fact that (to quote someone else I read) Rod and Todd Flanders have taken over the hobby once it became about colorful collectibles (which are FINE! there's a place for that in PedalLand!), that type of thing is taking up all the air in the Gear Room. I don't know much about the boutique amp world, but from what I read it seems like the same B.S. for a higher tax bracket. Curated collections.

The tech I take my amps to is a swell guy, great to talk with, considered by all the local gigging musicians i know to be one of the best in the city for decades. My wife and I beg him to regale us with tales of extra-fussy boutique customers.

One was about a guy whose super-high end BRAND new combo had a rattle. If I remember right, it was a slightly loose bolt in the speaker cab area, some of the thread had stripped. The tech replaced the defective bolt. Put the nut back on, secured it. The guy was convinced it didn't sound right after the bolt was swapped. Sold the amp.

I'm going next week. I hope he's got time.
that old bolt was blessed by joe bonnerpopper himself and as a result possessed mojo.

in all seriousness, i was having a discussion with my friend yesterday and he said something i found interesting. basically i'll sum it up as "no one believes in money anymore but everyone still needs it. a good number of folk can only just make rent through hours of working but then see a limited edition t-shirt they once owned sell for £500 and think that's the future. we've been told if we want to make money, we have to be smart and have a side hustle ontop of our regular job so you now have entire markets fueled by speculation and upselling"
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'