Impulse buy: EQD Disaster Transport SR

Everyone needs a stompbox.
OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Impulse buy: EQD Disaster Transport SR

Post by OffYourFace » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:04 pm

I just bought one of these on Reverb on a whim. I hope I like it. Does anyone here have one and love it? Tell me the good, the bad and the whatever.

Iheartreverb
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Impulse buy: EQD Disaster Transport SR

Post by Iheartreverb » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:02 pm

I had one and loved it. I’m sure someone will/ can correct me here on the makeup of the individual channels but to me it feels half space echo, half memory man.

What I couldn’t get right, for me at least, was how I wanted the series/ parallel set up. I found that when I had both delays on, I wanted it one way but when using them on their own, I wanted another. What I found out (via speaking to Earthquaker directly) is that how this is set still has an effect over one of the delay Channels due to how’s its routed. So in short, series/ parallel still had an effect on a single delay.

That aside, it sounds amazing and there’s so much you can do with it from all that wobbly Lofi stuff to massive rhythmic things as well as really sharp, dense reverb.

Anyway, enjoy it when it arrives!

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:21 pm

Good to know, thank you! I’ll use this mostly as outboard/processing and probably more on synths than guitar. I’m curious to try the series and parallel modes and to see/hear what you mean.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 am

I just played with it a bunch. I like it! It’s much simpler than I assumed.

It does a great DMM sound on A and a great Space Echo on B. The reverb is a little weird though. There’s a lot of delay or pre-delay as it’s referred to in reverb world. I wish that was adjustable but it works.

I’m ok with how the bleed control (series/parallel/blend) works. It’s not fancy but it’s useful. Overall I’m pleased.

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:40 pm

I had one a few years ago. Really tried to like it but couldn’t.

The reverb was awful to my ears, and the delays were a bit finicky to manipulate, despite offering plenty of possibilities via the Bleed function. The actual tone of the delays was quite nice.

It would be a good delay for anyone wanting to experiment with weird/non-linear rhythmic repeats.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:29 am

This pedal is more of an old school effect. There’s nothing fancy like tap tempo etc. it’s a color/vibe unit.

The reverb is terrible if you’re not familiar with a Roland RE-201 space echo. They often have a trashy reverb but it’s a thing that some people like, especially on drums.

I think the space echo simulation (delay B) is pretty good. The DMM emulation on A is good too. For guitar use, I think I might prefer this over the Strymon Volante. We’ll see.

My only issue with EQD stuff like this is that since it is software in a box, there’s no element of surprise. Every movement is predictable but it’s a musical sounding pedal to my ears. I’m happy with it.