i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: Setup of the day

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:38 am

zhivago wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:22 pm
Loving the Les Paul action!!! I was rocking mine earlier! :-*
P90s and a Les Paul.. there’s really no way to go wrong with that combo! I really love this one that I have now. It’s a total boat anchor but I’ve gotten used to it. I’m not sure I could wear it on a strap for an extended period of time though. I should weight it one day just for the laugh. I’m 100% sure it weighs more than my Travis Bean :fro:
A death’s head ring upon his finger

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:32 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:38 am
zhivago wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:22 pm
Loving the Les Paul action!!! I was rocking mine earlier! :-*
P90s and a Les Paul.. there’s really no way to go wrong with that combo! I really love this one that I have now. It’s a total boat anchor but I’ve gotten used to it. I’m not sure I could wear it on a strap for an extended period of time though. I should weight it one day just for the laugh. I’m 100% sure it weighs more than my Travis Bean :fro:
Mine is 9.1lbs, so it's not too bad, especially for a Custom...but hours and hours on a strap are not fun for sure!

God I love P90s...I actually think I like them more than PAF humbuckers! :-[ :blush:
Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:52 pm

There isn’t a lot that you can’t do with a pair of P90s. I just weighed it using my bathroom scale… 11.8lbs :wtf: that’s with the strap and obviously the Bigsby (and vibramate). Grovers too. These Classics are not chambered either. So, yeah, it’s a pig. Haha!

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Regardless of the weight, you two are not helping my gas for a black P90 LP.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:29 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:20 pm
Do it! I had been wanting a gold top forever, but black always piques my interest. When I saw that they made this run of Classics in Ebony with the p90s, I was sold! The one I have already had the Bigsby on it ( I bought it used). The quality is super all around. I have no regrets at all!

Today, I fired up the big amps for the first time in a little while. My wife had them buried in totes of Christmas decorations, which are slowly going back to where they came from. This SG is tuned to A# with some heavy flatwounds. Both amps are run simultaneously with the Space Echo only on the Orange. I still need a second Green cab.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:36 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:29 pm
johnnysomersett wrote:
Do it! I had been wanting a gold top forever, but black always piques my interest. When I saw that they made this run of Classics in Ebony with the p90s, I was sold! The one I have already had the Bigsby on it ( I bought it used). The quality is super all around. I have no regrets at all!
With Gibsons I have no idea which are the good, and which are the bad, years/eras. I know what I like in a guitar (chunky profile, narrow nut) but I've played Gibsons that have baseball bats and some with skinny shredder necks... and they all basically look the same :D

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:38 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:52 pm
There isn’t a lot that you can’t do with a pair of P90s. I just weighed it using my bathroom scale… 11.8lbs :wtf: that’s with the strap and obviously the Bigsby (and vibramate). Grovers too. These Classics are not chambered either. So, yeah, it’s a pig. Haha!
Oh wow!! That is a bit on the heavy side!! :wtf:

But still, if it rocks, that's all that matters! To be honest, I do almost all my playing sitting down nowadays! :D :)
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:42 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
It's a must!!

I'd love a Les Paul Jr at some point too! I was looking at a TV yellow one the other day, but thankfully it sold before payday! :D
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:51 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:29 pm

The definition of "epic setup" right there!!! 8)
Resident Spartan.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:58 pm

zhivago wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:42 pm

It's a must!!

I'd love a Les Paul Jr at some point too! I was looking at a TV yellow one the other day, but thankfully it sold before payday! :D
I’ve been looking Juniors too! I want a sunburst one with the solid center (target burst style). Guitars with single pickups sound so alive. Not having that extra magnetic pull from the second pickup. There’s only a couple guitars on my “gotta acquire” list. A Strat (I’m piecing one together right now), the Junior, a Gretsch Jet of some sort, probably sparkle but maybe Duo, and god help me, but a Rickebacker 360 for the fifth time :fp:

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:04 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:58 pm
zhivago wrote:

It's a must!!

I’ve been looking Juniors too! I want a sunburst one with the solid center (target burst style). Guitars with single pickups sound so alive. Not having that extra magnetic pull from the second pickup. There’s only a couple guitars on my “gotta acquire” list. A Strat (I’m piecing one together right now), the Junior, a Gretsch Jet of some sort, probably sparkle but maybe Duo, and god help me, but a Rickebacker 360 for the fifth time :fp:
I agree! I have an Esquire build I put together that pushed me over the edge to find a real 50s one! :D

I actually finally bought a Fender Stratocaster (if we ignore the £50 Squier one I had for a couple of months about 10 years ago), last month, and I am surprised at how much I am loving it...I lucked out and got a tuning fork of a guitar!

Resident Spartan.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:09 pm

i love sharin foo wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:58 pm
zhivago wrote:

It's a must!!

I’ve been looking Juniors too! I want a sunburst one with the solid center (target burst style).
We've probably all been staring at the same few on Reverb. I fell for them thanks to Brian Baker. I'd get a cheap-ish one but feel I'd be disappointed if it wasnt a real 50's one though - and they're strong money these days

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:12 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:09 pm
We've probably all been staring at the same few on Reverb. I fell for them thanks to Brian Baker. I'd get a cheap-ish one but feel I'd be disappointed if it wasnt a real 50's one though - and they're strong money these days
I love Brian Baker! And of course, Bad Religion and Minor Threat etc! He's been playing some awesome 50s Jrs for the past few years for sure.

Gone are the days when they were affordable!
Resident Spartan.