PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: your effects setup?

Post by Glumlord » Sun May 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:04 pm
Glumlord wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:47 pm
State of the board these days. I’ve been on a epic delay journey lately and have become an El Capistan convert. I was resistant for a long time but this pedal sounds absolutely amazing! It has become my go-to delay, set fairly warm, but clean, with a little bit of reverb mixed in. I ended up selling my Volante because it was just too big for my board and I wasn’t using most of the functions on it. I am pleasantly surprised.

Picked up the DD-200 recently. It’s really nice and simple, but I’m not totally sold on it so I think I’m going to rearrange a couple things to put my EchoSystem back on for dual delays and analog delay sounds.

The other new addition is the RevivalTrem. This things is absolutely stunning. The amp and overdrive tones are incredible on their own, adding a really pleasing compression and warmth to my AC30 when the drive knob was set around 10 o’clock. The Tremolo is out of this world. Best bias trem sounds I’ve found in a pedal.

Nice. I’ll have to explore this Trem. Looking for something nice

EDIT: just saw the price tag. It’s out of my league for now!
It was pricy for sure! But considering it replaced a Supro Trem and a couple different low gain overdrives, the price starts to even out a bit. Plus the thing is built more sturdily, and sounds better than anything else I’ve found.

I will admit that it was tough to hit the Submit Order button, but I’m really glad I did.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Mon May 10, 2021 9:14 am

Swapped a couple of things around to make way for an enormous Boss volume pedal. Pretty much as full as I can manage now and I've got all my personal bases covered.

REALLY like the Aqua Puss delay... Gets me all the swimmy modulated goodness I could hope for in a delay.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Mon May 10, 2021 5:33 pm

so i can't actually see my board changing much because everything on this board gets used in my band and there's nothing i can take away. i also use a aby switch but shhhhh.

the blue pedal isn't a delay. i built a delay pedal years ago, rehoused it and had that box laying around. it's 2 of my own modded lpb-1 (i dunno if you can call it that because i change 60% of the circuit) one set at full gain and one as a clean boost. i need it for one song where i need to get instant feedback that's controllable.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Mon May 10, 2021 6:43 pm

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:33 pm

so i can't actually see my board changing much because everything on this board gets used in my band and there's nothing i can take away. i also use a aby switch but shhhhh.

the blue pedal isn't a delay. i built a delay pedal years ago, rehoused it and had that box laying around. it's 2 of my own modded lpb-1 (i dunno if you can call it that because i change 60% of the circuit) one set at full gain and one as a clean boost. i need it for one song where i need to get instant feedback that's controllable.
A great “everything you need and nothing you don’t” lineup.

Firecat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firecat » Mon May 17, 2021 2:00 am

Filipe wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:22 am

The big board's still the same, but I wasn't too happy with the small board. This is how it looks now:

I wanted it to be able to recreate all the essential sounds I get from my main board and be super versatile at the same time. Happy with how it turned out! The two mini pedals were hard to hit though. I had a pack of wooden spacers in different sizes from laying a laminate floor, so I used the biggest ones and dual lock to raise them:

shoule79
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shoule79 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:32 am

Filipe wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:00 am
Filipe wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:22 am

The big board's still the same, but I wasn't too happy with the small board. This is how it looks now:

I wanted it to be able to recreate all the essential sounds I get from my main board and be super versatile at the same time. Happy with how it turned out! The two mini pedals were hard to hit though. I had a pack of wooden spacers in different sizes from laying a laminate floor, so I used the biggest ones and dual lock to raise them:

The spacer idea is genius! I have a couple of pedals in the back that worry me because they are too low. I'm going to have to give this a try.

green_mario
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by green_mario » Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm

tuner > CS-3 > plumes > wau wau fuzz > muff > TR-2 > memory toy > midiverb II > JC-77

sorry not sorry for the mess of cables cause that's stereo life baby
Very glued and greasy reverb sound

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:39 pm

The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:02 am

Currently happy with this selection for home noodling...

Jonesie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jonesie » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:02 am

That seems like everything you need and nothing you don't. I dig it!

Here's my current board. Just got the Box of Rock in today, and I decided to throw my SHO clone behind it too as an "always on" pedal. I'm digging the bit of sparkle that it adds to the tone. It almost feels like there's a little bit of compression. The SHO clone also has the trashiest trucker lady decal I could find at a random truck stop in Wisconsin. It adds to the tone.

But anyways:
TU-2 -> SHO Clone -> Box of Rock -> Big Cheese Clone -> Idiotbox FX No Moon (Rat / Tube Screamer / Muff all run in parallel) -> Vox Delaylab (With expression pedal controlling different things based on what patch I'm using) -> Maneco Looper "Sweet 16" Digital Delay (With expression pedal controlling the time pot.) -> Amp.

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Jonesie wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 am
johnnysomersett wrote:

Here's my current board. Just got the Box of Rock in today, and I decided to throw my SHO clone behind it too as an "always on" pedal. I'm digging the bit of sparkle that it adds to the tone. It almost feels like there's a little bit of compression. The SHO clone also has the trashiest trucker lady decal I could find at a random truck stop in Wisconsin. It adds to the tone.

But anyways:
TU-2 -> SHO Clone -> Box of Rock -> Big Cheese Clone -> Idiotbox FX No Moon (Rat / Tube Screamer / Muff all run in parallel) -> Vox Delaylab (With expression pedal controlling different things based on what patch I'm using) -> Maneco Looper "Sweet 16" Digital Delay (With expression pedal controlling the time pot.) -> Amp.

Yeah, it's a really 'functional' yet still fun board. I can cover everything from Sonic Youth, through Dreampop, to Prince, garage scuzz, surf and everything in between. All through an old '65 VibroChamp that sounds divine in a small spare room!

I like what you're rolling there. I used a SHO of some ilk for many many years as my main boost and that sparkle it gives on just a low setting is something else. Very hard to describe but it's like the ultimate presence knob. Now I'm onto little Fender combos and not massive 70s Orange amps I don't really need it so they are all languishing in the drawer. Maybe they'll come out to play again one day.

Jonesie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jonesie » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:42 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:15 pm
Jonesie wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:11 am
johnnysomersett wrote:

But anyways:

Yeah, it's a really 'functional' yet still fun board. I can cover everything from Sonic Youth, through Dreampop, to Prince, garage scuzz, surf and everything in between. All through an old '65 VibroChamp that sounds divine in a small spare room!

I like what you're rolling there. I used a SHO of some ilk for many many years as my main boost and that sparkle it gives on just a low setting is something else. Very hard to describe but it's like the ultimate presence knob. Now I'm onto little Fender combos and not massive 70s Orange amps I don't really need it so they are all languishing in the drawer. Maybe they'll come out to play again one day.
I'm using a 60's Ampeg Jet right now as my main amp, which is known for being a bit dark and a little flat in the upper mids / treble, so the SHO definitely adds a little something that helps.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:47 am

Reading through these has been awesome 😎

Inspired me to post mine. My journey went from board to Pod HD500 as I got sick of carrying it around on the tube.

The Line 6 just didn’t do it for me- I probably didn’t spend enough time with it, didn’t like the way delay worked. So went about finding another solution.

Turns out what I really wanted was the MS-3. Delay, chorus & tremolo are sounds I’m used to, and super easy to dial in drive sounds as pedals. The other thing I’m missing from my old board is delay with no tails from the X4. Haven’t looked to see if I can do that here.

(p.s. sorry it’s so untidy for you OCD folk)

I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:47 pm

green_mario wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:13 pm

tuner > CS-3 > plumes > wau wau fuzz > muff > TR-2 > memory toy > midiverb II > JC-77

sorry not sorry for the mess of cables cause that's stereo life baby
Love the jag!

sunburster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sunburster » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Current board.

Signal chain: Polytune 3 mini > OD-2R > Woodcutter > Gilamondo > El Cap > PN-2 > Ola > Timeline > DD-500 > Big Sky > Immerse MKII

I had to remove my Keeley Loomer and Strymon Flint to fit the El Cap and Boss PN-2 (I bought both of these recently, and I'm really digging them!), but so far I'm happy with the change. I think I'll probably just plug the Loomer into the Polytune 3 when I'm in the mood for some Big Muff-style fuzz. Thankfully, the Woodcutter can get pretty fuzzy as well and has a nice bass response.