PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: your effects setup?

Post by Meriphew » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:08 am

marqueemoon wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:40 pm
Meriphew wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:28 am
This is my current main board (I have a smaller more condensed gig board).

Interested to hear about the routing of this.
Guitar > Suhr buffer which splits the signal to my tuner and to the Gemini IV. From the GIV it moves across the bottom to the left. Once at the end of the bottom left (Artemis) it moves up to the top right, and then moves across the left where it exits from the Neunaber Slate V2.

GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GreenKnee » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:05 pm

It's been on my to-do list for a long while, but during our newest UK lockdown I decided to transplant my board from a wooden IKEA shelf that it was on, onto a new Pedaltrain Jr Max. I'm really pleased with how it's come out! The Truetone CS12 is mounted underneath which is very neat and pleasing.

Signal Chain:
TU3-> TI Boost-> Vox volume pedal-> Dunlop Wah-> EQD The Depths-> EQD Plumes-> Hawaiian Pizza Fuzz-> ProCo RAT-> EHX Stereo Memory Man-> Afterneath-> Ditto+ -> Iridium

The signal chain jumps around a little as I need the Plumes, Memory Man and Afterneath at my feet due to the Wingman knobs that I turn on the fly with my feet.

Firecat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firecat » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:20 am

Did some rethinking and reorganising of my pedalboard(s) in the past couple of months. Very happy with how these turned out.

The pedaltrain 1 in front is my main board and the one I use for my band:

Korg Pitchblack > Mooer Yellow Comp > Xotic Super Clean > Mooer Tender Octaver > Hungry Robot LG overdrive > Boss Blues Driver > DOD Gunslinger > Zvex Box of Rock > Dunlop Volume (x) mini > Boss DD-7 with tap tempo mod > Boss RV-6 > Mooer Trelicopter > Zoom CDR-70 > Strymon El Capistan with Moonspinner Custom favorite switch > Strymon blueSky. Powered by a Voodoo Lab PP2+ underneath.

I put the pedaltrain metro 16 together with the idea of making a smaller version of my main board for home use or when I can't bring the big board. I can get a lot of similar sounds out of this:

Timmy Clone > Mooer Black Secret > Hudson Broadcast Clone > Boss FV-30H > Zoom CDR-70 > Line6 Echo Park > Neunaber Seraphim. Powered by a Truetone CS-6 underneath.

The home made board contains spare pedals that I don't want to sell and makes for a fun little set-up:

Grind Customs Chimaera Klonish > Korg Pitchblack > JHS Moonshine v2 > Earthquaker Devices White Light > Ernie Ball volume jr. > Joyo American Sound > Nux Atlantic. Powered by a Harley Benton powerplant ISO1-AC Pro underneath.

Pedals on the side: Digitech Jamman Stereo, Electro-Harmonix 720 Looper, Strymon Iridium
Last edited by Firecat on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:49 am

Meriphew wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:08 am
marqueemoon wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:40 pm
Meriphew wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:28 am
This is my current main board (I have a smaller more condensed gig board).

Interested to hear about the routing of this.
Guitar > Suhr buffer which splits the signal to my tuner and to the Gemini IV. From the GIV it moves across the bottom to the left. Once at the end of the bottom left (Artemis) it moves up to the top right, and then moves across the left where it exits from the Neunaber Slate V2.
Ah. I thought maybe you were doing some kind of wet/dry thing by splitting the signal that early.

Backdrop
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Backdrop » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Started off as a bass board. Now it's a bass & guitar board.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:45 am

Filipe wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:20 am

Did some rethinking and reorganising of my pedalboard(s) in the past couple of months. Very happy with how these turned out.

The pedaltrain 1 in front is my main board and the one I use for my band:

Korg Pitchblack > Mooer Yellow Comp > Xotic Super Clean > Mooer Tender Octaver > Hungry Robot LG overdrive > Boss Blues Driver > DOD Gunslinger > Zvex Box of Rock > Dunlop Volume (x) mini > Boss DD-7 with tap tempo mod > Boss RV-6 > Mooer Trelicopter > Zoom CDR-70 > Strymon El Capistan with Moonspinner Custom favorite switch > Strymon blueSky. Powered by a Voodoo Lab PP2+ underneath.

I put the pedaltrain metro 16 together with the idea of making a smaller version of my main board for home use or when I can't bring the big board. I can get a lot of similar sounds out of this:

Timmy Clone > Mooer Black Secret > Hudson Broadcast Clone > Boss FV-30H > Zoom CDR-70 > Line6 Echo Park > Neunaber Seraphim. Powered by a Truetone CS-6 underneath.

The home made board contains spare pedals that I don't want to sell and makes for a fun little set-up:

Grind Customs Chimaera Klonish > Korg Pitchblack > JHS Moonshine v2 > Earthquaker Devices White Light > Ernie Ball volume jr. > Joyo American Sound > Nux Atlantic. Powered by a Harley Benton powerplant ISO1-AC Pro underneath.

Pedals on the side: Digitech Jamman Stereo, Electro-Harmonix 720 Looper, Strymon Iridium
Very nice set up. Just curious what you’re using your zoom for on your main board?

Firecat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firecat » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:45 am
Very nice set up. Just curious what you’re using your zoom for on your main board?
Thanks! I call the Zoom my 'ambient cheat code'. I've made some preset ambient effect patches in the Zoom for specific songs, mainly for ambient parts that would be practically impossible otherwise because I would need to turn on 4 or 5 pedals on at the same time. Also have a few patches with modulation effects that I only use sporadically and don't want to buy individual pedals for.

It's a really great pedal. Most of the effects are decent enough by themselves, but I especially like the possibility of stacking several effects and turning them on/off at the same time with the built in line selector.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:20 am

Filipe wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:27 pm
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Thanks! I call the Zoom my 'ambient cheat code'. I've made some preset ambient effect patches in the Zoom for specific songs, mainly for ambient parts that would be practically impossible otherwise because I would need to turn on 4 or 5 pedals on at the same time. Also have a few patches with modulation effects that I only use sporadically and don't want to buy individual pedals for.

It's a really great pedal. Most of the effects are decent enough by themselves, but I especially like the possibility of stacking several effects and turning them on/off at the same time with the built in line selector.
I’ve contemplated one of the zooms for a while. They seem like good all around Swiss Army knives.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 am

I just updated the band board...

I am amazed how few "boutique" pedals are on there nowadays. :)
Resident Spartan.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 am

zhivago wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 am

Sometimes the classics just work. How are you liking the Rat with your Matchless? I used to hate them until I got my AC15 and now I can't get enough of it. I'm mostly using it low gain as an OD, but kicked into 'fuzz' territory it's quite pleasing as well.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:07 am

stevejamsecono wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 am
zhivago wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:59 am

Sometimes the classics just work. How are you liking the Rat with your Matchless? I used to hate them until I got my AC15 and now I can't get enough of it. I'm mostly using it low gain as an OD, but kicked into 'fuzz' territory it's quite pleasing as well.
Totally!

The Rat 2 is surprisingly awesome :-* ...it is just a Chinese current version...nothing special...I had a bunch of Amazon vouchers from the Christmas holidays and thought I'd use them to try the Rat 2 out. The Filter knob is pretty amazing...I tend to stay in the 1-2 o'clock position as I like the tightness it gets with the Matchless...really cool little box...I'm surprised it is so cheap to buy! :)
Resident Spartan.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:56 am

as someone who's got 6 different rat pedals. the rat II is the one i always come back to. i couldn't tell you why.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 am

Filipe wrote:
Unicorn Warrior wrote:

I might bite the bullet on one soon. For a while ive been considering for vocal effects. But now considering for guitar board, especially in a place near beginning of chain where my mod pedals lie i may get that pre-drive reverb sound without destroying other routing (i could with my Ev Space but its stereo atm when record). Am attracted by replacing chorus/phaser/octave pedals, various swell effects, and a few of the yamaha spx90 style shoegaze effects. Think it will hold up? Some say its a jack of all trades, but if it replaces three or four pedals i dont use so much i can have space for ridiculous dirt options.

Firecat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firecat » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:58 am

jorri wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 am
Filipe wrote:
Unicorn Warrior wrote:

I might bite the bullet on one soon. For a while ive been considering for vocal effects. But now considering for guitar board, especially in a place near beginning of chain where my mod pedals lie i may get that pre-drive reverb sound without destroying other routing (i could with my Ev Space but its stereo atm when record). Am attracted by replacing chorus/phaser/octave pedals, various swell effects, and a few of the yamaha spx90 style shoegaze effects. Think it will hold up? Some say its a jack of all trades, but if it replaces three or four pedals i dont use so much i can have space for ridiculous dirt options.
Depends on how picky you are I guess, but if you ask me most effects are definitely good enough. Like I said in the previous post, the real magic lies in making your own patches with several effects. If you take the time to tweak them to your taste, you can get crazy cool shoegaze and ambient sounds. There are some big threads on Reddit where people share their patches, that's a good place to start.

jorri
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jorri » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:57 am

Filipe wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:58 am
jorri wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:44 am
Filipe wrote:

Depends on how picky you are I guess, but if you ask me most effects are definitely good enough. Like I said in the previous post, the real magic lies in making your own patches with several effects. If you take the time to tweak them to your taste, you can get crazy cool shoegaze and ambient sounds. There are some big threads on Reddit where people share their patches, that's a good place to start.
Checking some demos, against the pedals it clones... Maybe some could say the sound is less hifi but for SHOEGAZE it actually seems like the right amount of graininess and not too smooth.

Think i will. Think i need a bypass looper, if its pre-drive, if i can find absolute smallest one of those!