Pedal building parts and suppliers (soldering tools, small p

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Pedal Parts and Kit suppliers

Post by Pumpkin » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:50 pm

These sites might be of interest too,they have certainly helped me out.

ResistorCalculator
Bread Board

EDIt:
The best pedal geek software ive come across,its free so download it!
If yall making pedals you cant go without these two programs.

essential for makin vero layouts.
click

Resistor/capacitor software,good for when you get a bag of a hundred resistors with little stripes on 'em,this tells ya what they are.
Download Here
Last edited by Pumpkin on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:09 am

Anyone knows if smallbearelec ships also to europe?
they have these NOS 2N5133 ::) :-*
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:38 am

Small Bear wrote:International Shipping: I have done shipping tables for all of the countries from which I have received orders. If yours isn't there, ask me and I'll add it. All rates are for ordinary Air Mail, which is 10-15 business days to most countries. Surface is cheaper, but takes 6-8 weeks. Ask me for a price if you don't mind the wait. Note:  Ordinary Surface and Air Mail are not traceable. If you want a tracking number for your shipment, please get a quote from USPS.com for the service you want to your country. Add $3.00 handling to the on-line quote and I will honor that rate.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

Superfuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Superfuzz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:00 am

pullover wrote:
Small Bear wrote:International Shipping: I have done shipping tables for all of the countries from which I have received orders. If yours isn't there, ask me and I'll add it. All rates are for ordinary Air Mail, which is 10-15 business days to most countries. Surface is cheaper, but takes 6-8 weeks. Ask me for a price if you don't mind the wait. Note:  Ordinary Surface and Air Mail are not traceable. If you want a tracking number for your shipment, please get a quote from USPS.com for the service you want to your country. Add $3.00 handling to the on-line quote and I will honor that rate.
mmm..I don't know how where it is, I've searched truh the whole site, but who cares, there's pullover! ;D
Architecture students are like virgins with an itch they cannot scratch,  never build a building 'till are fifty, what kind of life is that?

Deckard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deckard » Mon May 21, 2007 3:37 pm

It's a shame there aren't any decent UK sites for pedal parts. My engineering freind insists he could get me the pedal parts for a tenner, get a BYOC PCB for £8, which would be great... but theres no where to get a decent casing. They are cheap from the euro sites listed, but shipping seems to kill pretty much any saving you'd make sourcing the parts yourself.
I said no camels. That's five camels. Can't you count?

Laika
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Laika » Mon May 21, 2007 6:47 pm

Deckard wrote: It's a shame there aren't any decent UK sites for pedal parts. My engineering freind insists he could get me the pedal parts for a tenner, get a BYOC PCB for £8, which would be great... but theres no where to get a decent casing. They are cheap from the euro sites listed, but shipping seems to kill pretty much any saving you'd make sourcing the parts yourself.
You should be able to get enclosures for pedals from most decent electronics suppliers in the uk, they are standard diecast alum project boxes. I think the size they use for the byoc kits is ~120x66x40

Deckard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deckard » Tue May 22, 2007 2:53 am

Laika wrote:
Deckard wrote: It's a shame there aren't any decent UK sites for pedal parts. My engineering freind insists he could get me the pedal parts for a tenner, get a BYOC PCB for £8, which would be great... but theres no where to get a decent casing. They are cheap from the euro sites listed, but shipping seems to kill pretty much any saving you'd make sourcing the parts yourself.
You should be able to get enclosures for pedals from most decent electronics suppliers in the uk, they are standard diecast alum project boxes. I think the size they use for the byoc kits is ~120x66x40

I've just checked Maplin's site and you're right. Thanks for that. I assume something like this would be fine? http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Tab ... &criteria=

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Tue May 22, 2007 6:19 am

You're gonna want the Eddystone boxes not the ones you linked too.  A little googling revealed that the Eddystones are more or less the same as the Hammond since they are actually owned by the same company.  Here's more info...

http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/mods/housing.htm

The 29830 part number is the same as a 1590BB (same as a Voodoo Labs or most Prescription Electronics in size) which is a little bigger and slightly shallower then the typical BYOC box (a 125) but I think all his projects should fit in one without any difficulty.

Deckard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deckard » Tue May 22, 2007 6:51 am

Cheers for the info. Maplin also seems to have Eddystone boxes.

Would i be right in thinking these are what you mean? the product codes do match up. http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ITA ... =22m5#spec

Jay
Admin
Admin

Post by Jay » Tue May 22, 2007 7:29 am

Those would be the ones.

Sonic Youthz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sonic Youthz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:03 pm

Thanks for the links!

Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pumpkin » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Adding a new store,ALLIED ELECTRONICS.

Its like mouser but has pics.

I spent an hour going through it getting direct links to all the components i use cause it takes a while to find stuff.

If you order from these guys you MUST know exactly what you need and the type and value etc or y'all buy a bunch of wrong sized parts.

They have a huge selection of carbon comp resistors,pcb mount 9mm pots (vex style),vero,copper clad,hammond boxes,and anything else ya need for boutique effects. and its a builders dream store imo.

Anyways,my new favorite store for parts.

ALLIED

If ya cant find a specific part,lemme know and i'll give ya a link.

:)

schorer industries
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by schorer industries » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:17 am

wow these things look cool, i must try one out!

has anyone made the ultimate fuzz?? and if so, does it sound any good?
making your own guiars is fun :D

callum
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by callum » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:12 pm

i was just looking around for a UK source that Beavis Audio uses in the "radio shack" noisy cricket.

I actually want to build a signal/noise generator but as they're general purpose it should be fine.

so if you want General Purpose IC PCBS in the UK -

http://www.t2retail.co.uk/productDetail ... ct=2760159

they also have 50 piece packs of metal film resistors, which i have been unable to find anywhere else, but I'm bit worried about using them, there's an almost identical site who also sell "bridal lingerie" - WTF?!

http://www.dayga.co.uk/productDetail.as ... ct=2760159

Might be safer to order themin from the US actually, what do you guys think??

soundhack
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by soundhack » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:00 am

i often buy general parts from digikey (though mouser is usually cheaper)

http://www.digikey.com/

antique electronics has lots of tube stuff - vintage knobs - speaker cloth, and one pedal kit (rattler)

http://www.tubesandmore.com/

ted weber has a decent selection of parts, a couple pedal kits, lots of amp kits

http://www.tedweber.com/