Recording next month, advice, and fundraising campaign!

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
rbrcbr
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Recording next month, advice, and fundraising campaign!

Post by rbrcbr » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Hello OSG gang!

After years of not getting around to it, I'm finally preparing for a 10 day run in the studio next month! I'm terrified and excited all once as this is a first time thing for me, the plan is to knock out a full length - 10 songs ideally. It's creeping up on me way quicker than I thought it would. Currently working on dialing in some demos that I've sent my friends who'll be playing on the sessions, trying to refine things and sorting out the rest of the logistics. Here's a demo if you wanna check it out https://withesounds.bandcamp.com/

I've launched an Indiegogo campaign to try and raise some funds to help relieve the stress on my own wallet,
check that out here ->https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/with ... 26752948#/ . I'm selling preorders on shirts, tapes, digital downloads along with some photo prints for any of you who might be interested in that. Any contributions would be appreciated greatly! ;D

Otherwise, anybody have advice for a first timer going into the studio? Aside from recording a single, years ago, with another band for a couple of hours, I'm a complete noob with this.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Recording next month, advice, and fundraising campaign!

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:59 pm

The right energy is about the only thing that can’t be faked or fixed, so focus on bringing that.
Last edited by marqueemoon on Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HarlowTheFish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HarlowTheFish » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:07 pm

Know your stuff well enough that you can play it on the spot, but not so well that you don't think about it -- a little discomfort and a little improvisatory spirit keeps things fun, and helps keep the music interesting. Worst comes to worst, you get exactly what you already have, but different from how it's written =/= bad as long as it works.

rbrcbr
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rbrcbr » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:42 pm

Thanks for the advice y'all. Seems being organized/"ready" but not too rigid about it is a good approach for sure. Thankfully it's gonna be a bunch of friends of mine coming together and everyone seems happy to be a part of it, so the energy should be good. Pretty excited to see how it goes!