Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend: Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Steve Albini, In Utero at 30 interview

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Pepe Silvia
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend: Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Steve Albini, In Utero at 30 interview

Post by Pepe Silvia » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:22 am

Spotify link for those that have it, available where ever you get your podcasts.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5NhUKB ... bcv6zjaJoA

I was surprised they included Steve Albini in the interview, which I thought ending up being the most interesting part.

I enjoy Conan's podcast more when he can have a funny interview rather than trying to be a serious interviewer. He was trying too hard with loaded questions and you could tell the group was trying to get away from answering. But I enjoyed the stories and I felt like the three could have been left in a room alone and could have filled a few hours with stories about this era of music.

panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend: Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, Steve Albini, In Utero at 30 interview

Post by panoramic » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:29 am

Pepe Silvia wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:22 am
Spotify link for those that have it, available where ever you get your podcasts.
https://open.spotify.com/episode/5NhUKB ... bcv6zjaJoA

I was surprised they included Steve Albini in the interview, which I thought ending up being the most interesting part.

I enjoy Conan's podcast more when he can have a funny interview rather than trying to be a serious interviewer. He was trying too hard with loaded questions and you could tell the group was trying to get away from answering. But I enjoyed the stories and I felt like the three could have been left in a room alone and could have filled a few hours with stories about this era of music.
I'd love to hear Albini talk about In Utero and Surfer Rosa in tandem. Riffage wise the Pixies are an influence so heavy on the Kurdtz it's almost funny how it gets overlooked. Imagine if Conan had simply called them a pixies cover band. Could have been special! ( I am mostly joking but i did listen to the podcast)
I used to be cool, now I just complain about prices.