OSG MUSIC COLAB Thread and Section

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: OSG MUSIC COLAB Thread and Section

Post by budda12ax7 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:21 pm

DeathJag wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:31 am
budda12ax7 wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 pm
Let's create...
Hey dude aren't you the one I sent that Zoom R16 multitrack thing to? Have you used it? Or maybe that was someone else. If you're not using anymore I do have a pal here who could use it. If you are using it, no worries!

I can provide surf guitar leads and chords.
YES...you sent me the Zoom R16.....I use it at work as my portable recorder....let me see if I can just get my recording stuff on the computer, then I could send the Zoom R16 back...

Jan Deal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jan Deal » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:51 am

Hello!

Looking for someone to write and record vocals for a song - think early emo, punk, Cribs, Press Club. Jangly, fast, melodic etc...

This is an experiment with a drummer friend, so it may expand to be more songs. We just want to feel it out first. PM me for a link to a recorded song! :-* :-* :-*
Seas, Starry : Fuzz / Pop / Noises

"Gorgeous, soaring waves of guitars which feedback and squall deliriously with fluid and organic rhythms”

www.seasstarry.bandcamp.com

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:48 am

Jan Deal wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:51 am
Hello!

Looking for someone to write and record vocals for a song - think early emo, punk, Cribs, Press Club. Jangly, fast, melodic etc...

This is an experiment with a drummer friend, so it may expand to be more songs. We just want to feel it out first. PM me for a link to a recorded song! :-* :-* :-*
That sounds fun, PM me, I'd be well up for having a go. Let me know if you have lyrics or you want them written, I can work either way I expect.
"High yella high red high blue she blew
High Ella high Ella Guru"

- CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, "Ella Guru"

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:52 am

I had no idea this thread existed when I made mine. Basically I'm looking for string players but if anyone can do live drums that'd be good too, the drummer I had lined up for my originals project has been promising to do some but 3 weeks later, I'm not seeing any Google Drive or whatever links coming my way with drum stems πŸ˜‚

---

In terms of what I can do, I'm pretty good at multi-layering guitars, I can do bass parts, lead or backing vocals including multi-tracked harmonies either (I refuse to use autotune though as I can pitch pretty well without, think like the way Queen would do it where you stack them up, if needed), I can do acoustic parts too.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:30 am

crazyzeke wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:52 am
I had no idea this thread existed when I made mine. Basically I'm looking for string players but if anyone can do live drums that'd be good too, the drummer I had lined up for my originals project has been promising to do some but 3 weeks later, I'm not seeing any Google Drive or whatever links coming my way with drum stems πŸ˜‚

Use this drummer- - Francesca is amazing.

Here's her on one of my songs.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:25 am

Larry Mal wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:30 am

Cool song, and yes VERY good drumming.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:30 am

marqueemoon wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:25 am

Cool song, and yes VERY good drumming.
Thanks, I like that one. I might try singing it but I'd really rather work with a singer, honestly.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:58 am

That track is awesome, Larry :-*
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:45 pm

Oh wow that's a good tip! Yeah her rates are very reasonable.

Sounds great - your parts and hers, I like this track a lot. Ton of talented people on this forum, and hearing it makes me realise a lot of us offset players have an interesting and different from average sense of harmony and chordal voicing that most regular players don't have. Makes me happy to hear it, thanks for sharing!

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:04 pm

Crazy, I thought 'Francesca' was going to be a virtual drummer plugin pack in Logic.

I never realised this was even a thing, what a great idea.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:07 pm

Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:45 pm

Sounds great - your parts and hers, I like this track a lot. Ton of talented people on this forum, and hearing it makes me realise a lot of us offset players have an interesting and different from average sense of harmony and chordal voicing that most regular players don't have. Makes me happy to hear it, thanks for sharing!
Yeah, she's reasonable, I spent about $65 all told, I get the ten tracks option. But she'll do more, and she gets it done in a day. My stuff is simple, though.

No offsets on that one, though! It's my new Epiphone Riviera and my Fender Bullet, which is my go to- Kinman pickups in there.

Both guitars are tuned FACGCE, which is my new thing.

I'm drinking riesling and singing to it, God I hate singing.
Last edited by Larry Mal on Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:09 pm

andy_tchp wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:04 pm
Crazy, I thought 'Francesca' was going to be a virtual drummer plugin pack in Logic.

I never realised this was even a thing, what a great idea.
Yeah, work with her. I could see she was all pro, but also she does some jazz drumming, so I thought she would be able to have more interesting ideas than the rock thud I did when I was a drummer. I was not wrong.

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:24 pm

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:07 pm
I'm drinking riesling and singing to it, God I hate singing.

I on the other hand love it, so if you want me to try some vocals on that particular track let me know, I can already hear some good major 7 interval style vocals that would float nicely on top of that, maybe with some nice harmonies. I'm quite taken with it, no lie I've listened maybe 4-5 times in the last few hours while getting some work done (MacBook prep, it's ready to go now just needs a clean etc).

I am totally trying that tuning at some point. FACGCE. I quite like doing reverse drop D, where it's the high one you drop. Good for jangle chords and it's only one string to drop a whole step, EADGBD, or any tuning where the GBE strings are doing a major 7 or minor chord.

And whatever this is tuned to, knowing them everything is tuned differently. And one of my absolute favourites by them too - there's like 3 guitars strumming behind the bridge at several points...

crazyzeke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazyzeke » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:32 pm

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:09 pm
Yeah, work with her. I could see she was all pro, but also she does some jazz drumming, so I thought she would be able to have more interesting ideas than the rock thud I did when I was a drummer. I was not wrong.
Funny you mention that - I was watching a drum video tuition on why Mitch Mitchell is an amazing drummer and it came out he's a jazz player so that explains it. Shares that with Ginger Baker. Bodes well for the drummer who should be working with me in the originals band - he's jazz trained player. Me personally I just like throwing in jazz chords like minor 11s, add 9s, major 9s and so on. Trying to make those work in pop-rock songs I write is super fun.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:55 am

Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:24 pm

I on the other hand love it, so if you want me to try some vocals on that particular track let me know, I can already hear some good major 7 interval style vocals that would float nicely on top of that, maybe with some nice harmonies. I'm quite taken with it, no lie I've listened maybe 4-5 times in the last few hours while getting some work done (MacBook prep, it's ready to go now just needs a clean etc).

I am totally trying that tuning at some point. FACGCE. I quite like doing reverse drop D, where it's the high one you drop. Good for jangle chords and it's only one string to drop a whole step, EADGBD, or any tuning where the GBE strings are doing a major 7 or minor chord.

This is where I got the FACGCE tuning idea from. I'm all about alternate tunings.

But yeah, I'll send you a PM about singing on there. That would be fun.