"There's always something in the air..." - The dEUS Appreciation Thread

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: "There's always something in the air..." - The dEUS Appreciation Thread

Post by pullover » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:00 am

I agree with tsalwel, I just checked them out after this thread, I can't believe I'd never heard them. I don't like Sud's and Soda, to much Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday...  But I do like Via and stuff like that. dEUS doth rock!
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:09 am

pullover wrote: I agree with tsalwel, I just checked them out after this thread, I can't believe I'd never heard them. I don't like Sud's and Soda, to much Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday...  But I do like Via and stuff like that. dEUS doth rock!
glad you like them!!

:)
Resident Spartan.

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:36 am

pullover wrote: I agree with tsalwel, I just checked them out after this thread, I can't believe I'd never heard them. I don't like Sud's and Soda, to much Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday...  But I do like Via and stuff like that. dEUS doth rock!
yeah they tend to make their songs last too long

ohm-men
Expat
Expat

Post by ohm-men » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:56 am

Well, I saw one of their first concerts (years ago) before any album was out. even then they were amazing I still remeber their violin player wore a yellow fishermen outfit. It was ofcourse the original line up with Tom Barman, Stef "Kamiel" Carlsen" and Rudy Trouvé.

dUES recently played a free concert in Antwerp (as did other bands in other cities on the same day) on concerts orgenazed by Tom Barman called 0110 concerts for more "tolerance" among people (this was following some incidents in Antwerp. One totaly screwed up guy shot three people on broad daylight in a street in Antwerp, while a few weeks later a guy got a heart attack on a bus while trying to calm down some guys)

Although I was never really into dEUS, Tom Barman apears frequentlly in magazins with his red Jaguer somewhere in the background. Craig Ward also played the Jag on numerous dEUS concertsbefore he left the band. Now Mauro Paulowski (superb guitarist) plays with dEUS now, he is known from he's previous band "The evil superstars" where Tim van Hamel (also an ex dEUS gitarist) earned his fame. Tim van Hamel is now in a band called "Millionaire" and is good friends with Josh Homme with whom he played in the "eagles of deathmetal".... So the belgians get arround  ;)
Proud "Young Router Jockey" And Rental service for "woodchippers"