From one Unsane fan to another (Tweez)..... Gory content!!

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

From one Unsane fan to another (Tweez)..... Gory content!!

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:27 am

Tweez wrote: It's probably one of my favourite albums of all time, there isn't a bad track on there, their later albums are nowhere near as good.

It does look pretty fake, especially the blood and his face, I've never actually seen it up close though because it's out of print :( .
...Well in that case....

As close as I can get ya!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Tweez
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: From one Unsane fan to another (Tweez)..... Gory content!!

Post by Tweez » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 am

:o :o :o :o Thanks a lot mate! It doesn't look as fake from up close now. I'm actually bidding on a copy on vinyl on ebay at the moment and have been for a day or two, but it's still got 5 days left, I really hope I win it, you're the only other person I know of that likes them, but I don't know if there are any collectors out there on the lookout.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:12 am

You should be alright. Although they're classed as being pretty influential I doubt you'll have too much trouble.

Saying that, it took me 5 attempts to get the 1st Therapy? album on CD. Kept getting outbid at the last second.

Maybe, if you like it that much, put a big "highest bid" down. That normally works (its what I should've done).

I've got the Singles album on vinyl too. I'd rate it as their 2nd best. You still can't beat their 1st though, not by a long shot.

P.S - Puts pipe in mouth......When I were a lad I ad UNSANE painted on't back o'me Army jacket. By eck, them wot days!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Tweez
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tweez » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:17 am

Pahaha ;D

I'd probably be willing to go up to about £15 (with the £4.50 delivery), but it's at 99p at the moment, let's see how it goes. I've seen the CD sell for £20 before though. Here's hoping :)

Tweez
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tweez » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:17 am

Have you ever made Unsane t-shirts Porky Prime Cut?

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:40 am

Nope. Always a possibility though. By the way. Call me Mark. Porky makes me sound like a fat knacker!  :D

I've got MBV - Feed Me With Your Kiss in the pipeline. I was also gonna do Jesus Lizard - Head as I used to have one but it pretty much fell off me at a gig. I was gonna prepare it but ended up doing this instead.....

Another lawsuit in the making!!  :D

Also this'd look good. I've wanted one of these printed for a while...

All the T-shirts I'm doing are 1 or 2 colour jobs (3 if you count the colour of the fabric). Its silk-screen printed, not lazer printed so I avoid very colour complexed images & instead just kind re-interpret them. They look better that way anyway. I'll have a look at UNSANE possibilities. Just the bold text from the first album down one side of a T-shirt would probably look pretty cool.

Tweez
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tweez » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:52 am

Will do :) I remember you saying about the Feed Me With Your Kiss shirt, let me know when you've got them sorted because I'll buy one :)

The Jesus Lizard one looks good, I always thought Bang would be a good cover for this kindof application because it's not really complex.

Likewise with the Touch and Go that would look great.

The Unsane idea sounds good, it would be cool to have one with the album name on and an outline of the guy (both in white) with the blood in red on a black shirt.

I prefer silk screened shirts not because only look better, but they last way longer, and they don't tend to crack and peel and stuff.

I've always wanted to have a go at tshirts ever since I did screen printing in art, I guess in the middle of A-Levels isn't a great time to start though  :D