Does anyone remember a brit band from 79 - 81 called "Bram Tchaikovsky"

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Does anyone remember a brit band from 79 - 81 called "Bram Tchaikovsky"

Post by sookwinder » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:34 am

I am a little older than a lot of you out there ...  yeah I kow, old fart ... so the "new alternate" music out of the UK circa late 80s to mid 9i0s passed me by to a lesser or greater degree....   

But if I do think back to the very late 70s and early 80s  (and the hours spent in drinking houses of ill repute), even though i loved the Jam and the clash, one british band from that era that always gets played on the CD player at home or in the car is called "Bram Tchaikovsky",  a 3 piece band started around the end of 1978.

First album "strange man changed man" (1979)  is 11 of the best songs you'll ever hear form that period (actually from any period).  Would have loved to have seen them live.  Second album "the russions are coming" -   released in the USA as" Pressure"  -  has 6 of the 12 songs that are good.   The third album "funland" 1981, nothing really worth worrying about there.

just wondering whether I am the only person who remembers them... even had to search to back streets of Japan for the CDs of the first two albums, only place they've ever been released on CD... but it was worth it.
Last edited by sookwinder on Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

tsalwel
Expat
Expat

Re: Does anyone remember a brit band from 79 - 81 called "Bram Tchaikovsky"

Post by tsalwel » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:03 am

sookwinder wrote: I am a little older than a lot of you out there ...  yeah I kow, :D ( david your so young :D ;)... so the "new alternate" music out of the UK circa late 80s to mid 9i0s passed me by to a lesser or greater degree....   

(and the hours spent in drinking houses of ill repute), even though i loved the Jam and the clash, one british band from that era that always gets played on the CD player at home or in the car is called "Bram Tchaikovsky",  a 3 piece band started around the end of 19768. ;D

:)
     d
Last edited by tsalwel on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
music ALLways
music  IS my motor

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:23 am

never heard of them...but I'd love to hear some stuff...any sound samples on the net?

maybe something on youtube?
Resident Spartan.

tsalwel
Expat
Expat

Post by tsalwel » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:28 am

zhivago wrote: never heard of them...but I'd love to hear some stuff...any sound samples on the net?

maybe something on youtube?
some sort of "powerrock " trio

some years ago i was looking for it but with no luck

d
music ALLways
music  IS my motor

sookwinder
Mods
Mods

Post by sookwinder » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:55 pm

Dirk,  you are so correct   ....   "Sarah Smiles" is one of THE best songs ever....  when ever I am in foreign countries, always have "Sarah Smiles" playing on the MP3 player ... makes me feel better :)

The single from that first album (which also had Sarah Smiles) was "Girl of my dreams"  power pop meets power rock  ... again superb

I've just checked YOUTUBE and there is nothing from "Bram Tchaikovsky" there.

zhivago , I can either send you a CDR of them  (all the first plus the 6 decent tacks from the 2nd album) send me a PM with your postal address  or....

or I can email you some MP3s...  I can only send the mp3s from work  (as I only have dial up at home)  send me a PM and an email address that can handle me sending you some MP3s if you want to listen to them  :)
Last edited by sookwinder on Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
relaxing alternative to doing actual work ...

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:41 am

mp3s would rule :)

use the email I got on the forum.....it's got loads of space available

8)
Resident Spartan.