LOVE....

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

LOVE....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:58 am

I'm trying to collect 5 decent photos of musicians to go in a really nice long, thin frame thats in our hallway. They're supposed to be musicians that have some sort of relevance to me & my girlfriend.

So far I've got:

A good shot of Kurt in his gown (at Reading 91). This may change if I can find a good Mudhoney shot!!
A great shot of Neil Young in his barn with sunbeams coming through the window.
A pretty cool shot of Oliveri era QOTSA sat on some stairs looking demented.
A daft picture of The Who thats gonna go when I find something more suitable.
...the last frame is empty which leads me to  :-* LOVE!  :-*

Any other fans out there? I reckon, along with Neil Young, he's my favourite musician that was writing music in the 60's. Its sunny here today & blasting out Da Capo or Forever Changes always puts me in a great mood. I play his & Neil Youngs stuff on my acoustic more than anyone else.

Anyway. A lot of you forumites seem to have access to some great photos. Do any of you have a good hi-res image of Arthur Lee back in the day (not from his recent tours)??

I'm sad to say I never caught one of his shows, even though he toured relentlessly for the last few years of his life. He was a great musician & a pretty cool cat too!

I've read that a huge amount of his Journals have been discovered & sooner or later they're gonna be compiled in book form. They had snippets in a music magazine & it sounds like it'd be a great read. One funny example was the fact that Jim Morrison used to stalk him (before The Doors made it big). He'd wake at 3 in the morning from noise outside & find Jim lurking in his backyard. I eagerly await the books release.

So dig out those pictures folks. One of him with an offset would be awesome!!  :)
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

BenHagerty

Re: LOVE....

Post by BenHagerty » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:01 pm

That sounds cool, I wanna see it!