Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Angel221
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by Angel221 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:40 am

I was playing the laptop in a band called Home And Garden for the last six months in Cleveland Oh , but moved back to Germany after my assignment was over. Stylisitically, Home and Garden's music has been all over the map veering from airy, ambient sound collages to improv jazz grooves to garage-rock ballast to electronic pop - the only constant being a commitment to interesting music. Hope you enjoy it. Here's the link . http://www.myspace.com/homeandgardenmusic
Life on a Cool Curve

tsalwel
Expat
Expat

Post by tsalwel » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:19 am

great ..

angel
thanks

:)
  d
music ALLways
music  IS my motor

echobaseone
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by echobaseone » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:08 pm

I suppose I am Taurus Pedals...bit of a Billy No Mates these days, because I'm a horrific control freak. But I like recording and writing songs and playing it all. Somewhere between the archness of Magnetic Fields and the sonic glory of Spiritualized is what I aim for, where the projectiles land, well, that's another matter entirely!
www.myspace.com/echobaseone
I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth.

Mute
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a li

Post by Mute » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:03 am

Right. So now it’s time for some shameless self-promotion!  ;)
I recently teamed up with a friend of mine to play his songs. For now we're the guitar-duo called Soft rabbits run faster. It's an acoustic/electric singer/songwriter thing w. pop melodies and occasional shoegaze (or maybe more ambient really) elements. I'm doing the electric guitar and some additional vocals. We've also been contemplating ditching the acoustic guitar now and then and doing some dual-Jazzmaster-action stuff instead.

When we've gotten our hand on the bass player we're trying to persuade into joining us (and I believe we're succeeding in that) and a drummer we're probably going to morph into more of a noisy pop outfit.

Unfortunately we've only recorded two songs (in a hurry), but the outcome has turned out alright i think. Here's a link:
http://myspace.com/softrabbitsrunfaster
Last edited by Mute on Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

fuzzking
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a li

Post by fuzzking » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:38 am

echobaseone wrote: I suppose I am Taurus Pedals...bit of a Billy No Mates these days, because I'm a horrific control freak. But I like recording and writing songs and playing it all. Somewhere between the archness of Magnetic Fields and the sonic glory of Spiritualized is what I aim for, where the projectiles land, well, that's another matter entirely!
www.myspace.com/echobaseone

sweeeeeeeeeet !!!
Nobody exists on purpose.

ugly casanova
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ugly casanova » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:27 am

Mute wrote: Unfortunately we've only recorded two song (in a hurry), but the outcome has turned out alright i think. Here's a link:
http://myspace.com/softrabbitsrunfaster
i like it. especially the vocal stuff

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:56 am

echobaseone wrote: www.myspace.com/echobaseone
Triple whammy of excellence!

Opalescent nudibranch .. heh heh.

:)
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

idiotbear

Post by idiotbear » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:17 am

I must some kind of doofus - I never noticed this thread before. My bad. 9 songs here....

www.soundclick.com/idiotbear

planes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by planes » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:59 pm

I made a thread but I will throw it in here too.

Me and a buddys 2 year electronic project not so many guitars but I think it's all very good.

described as squarepusher meets postal service meets a blender.

I don't think we are as good as squarepusher or the postal service but take it how you will.

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:38 pm

planes wrote: I made a thread but I will throw it in here too.

Me and a buddys 2 year electronic project not so many guitars but I think it's all very good.

described as squarepusher meets postal service meets a blender.

I don't think we are as good as squarepusher or the postal service but take it how you will.
Sounds good ! I like electronic music  :)
.... but can you provide a link for us to listen to your project ? (and I'll be able to add you to the list as well)
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

planes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by planes » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:55 pm

HAHAHAHAHAH

Long day

www.myspace.com/planestheband

sorry ha

nealescott
Expat
Expat

Post by nealescott » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:28 am

so many talented brilliant people here on this board! gotta love it,

here's my little myspazz page..  www.myspace.com/nealescott
apocalypse is happenning.

Pingu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pingu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:49 pm

My tunes can be heard here: http://virb.com/solochstal

I don't consider them real songs yet, both of the songs i have online were written and recorded in the space of a few ours(though i often find stuff turns to shit if you work on it too long), they're more like impulsive and vague realizations of even vaguer ideas, if that makes sense. I also have plans with a good friend of mine to have her as a singer and do proper pop songs, but she lives in another part of the country so that's postponed until either of us feel like we can stand the 18-hour nighttrain.

I'm listening to your work right now Neal. Very beautiful, great production, perfect right before bedtime. But doesn't it pain you as a politically conscious individual that Rupert Murdoch owns MySpace?
"Anything that doesn't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing." - Cormac McCarthy

k o y l
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by k o y l » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:06 pm

Pingu wrote: I'm listening to your work right now Neal. Very beautiful, great production, perfect right before bedtime. But doesn't it pain you as a politically conscious individual that Rupert Murdoch owns MySpace?
He even owns every single songs hosted on myspace ! (that's written in the Terms and agreements)...same for the pictures and text.
The Artic Monkeys were usued by myspace after the release of their 1st album: myspace claimed that the songs were their property... The Artic Monkeys managed to won only because what they had uploaded on myspace were the demos of the songs not the album versions.

That's the reason why my songs are not hosted by myspace: I got my own player on it but the songs are elsewhere.  :)

The reason they give to convince you to give your rights to them is they need it for re-encoding purpose in order to be able to play them on the myspace player... if you're song are not on their player, there's no need of re-encoding so no reason they own the songs copyright..
Once you're lost in twilights's blue, you don't find your way. The way finds you...

Pingu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pingu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:13 pm

I didn't know that, but it makes me even happier to haven chosen Virb instead. Another good reason to stay off MySpace is that it looks like shit and crashes constantly.
"Anything that doesn't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing." - Cormac McCarthy