Howdy from near Louisville KY

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Jazz Master
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Howdy from near Louisville KY

Post by Jazz Master » Thu May 19, 2022 8:20 pm

Just joined because I put a 2013 Jazzmaster on layaway for my sons 31st birthday gift
It was found at a Pawn Shop two miles north of Louisville KY in Clarksville where I live
I have it set so I can pay until August 26th on my son's birthday
He has 25-30 guitars, Fender Swinger, Fender Mustang, Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite M-III, Gibson The Hawk, Parker Fly Deluxe, Brian Moore i2000 1.13, B.C. Rich Eagle, Ovation 1617, Peavey Raptor +, Ibanez SR300, Steinberger XP-2, Jackson JPB-7 Fretless, Jackson DK2M Pile O Skulls + a dozen more I have forgotten about
I'm Gary I am 56 years old & have been playing & working on guitars for 45 years

The Jazzmaster I put on layaway is Crimson Colored with the Fender Marked Tremolo with the locking device, I hope it's metric as I ordered a Staytrem tremolo arm & housing in 10mm from the UK &it's due any time, long before the guitar will show up...
I also ordered a dozen of those Stratocaster springs that go under the tremolo arm as I used my last one yesterday setting up my son's Brian Moore
Also ordered a black American threaded trem arm tip for the Brian Moore as it has a white tip & is threaded 10/32 IIRC
The Jazzmaster has a Tune O Matic Gibson style fixed bridge, not sure how this will work out & might have to get a Wilkerson roller TOM Bridge to allow the Fender Jaquar/Jazzmaster trem to function 100%
I know it's made to have that vintage style warble sound that is much different than a modern Strat or Super Strat with a Floyd Rose
Plan on setting it up with .010"s but might go heavier to .011"s? Unsure, It currently has .010"s..
On the current Player Jazzmasters they moved the bridge closer to the trem to allow more down force on the bridge
I could also order a Buzz Stop but this would IMO cause more trouble because of the added roller???
Won't Know until I do the setup & let my son play it for a while

Here's what the Jazzmaster looks like
This one in this photo has a StayTrem Bridge Assembly & Mastery Tremolo
This is the factory Fender Tune O Matic bridge with a 9.5" Radius on the 2013 Jazzmaster
Headstock of the 2013 Jazzmaster

Rob
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Howdy from near Louisville KY

Post by Rob » Sat May 28, 2022 7:51 pm

Welcome, and howdy! I think are at least a few of us here in Kentucky -- I'm just down the road a bit in Lexington. I love the color on that Jazzmaster.

Jazz Master
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Howdy from near Louisville KY

Post by Jazz Master » Sun May 29, 2022 7:48 am

I live in southern Indiana just north of Louisville & can see the city front from my upstairs south facing window

Stoked to have this Fender Jazzmaster coming for my Son's 31st Birthday
I received the Stay-trem tremolo arm & bushing collet for an instant upgrade
It's a Secret & my son knows nothing about it coming & he's already played it
Now that Pawn Shop has a $1000 Lap steel that's vintage in it's case + a Vintage Kay
My son said he'd buy the lap steel when the price was $500, knowing they only gave $200 for it
He tuned it up for them & jammed some blues on it with a screwdriver handle. It's sweet & has mojo
I'll take a brass bar slide in next time we visit & get that old thing talking the blues

I've been hiding the joining of this forum from him too! HaHaHa!!

He did notice the Jazzmaster gone from the pawn shop but didn't ask anymore about it... :fp: