Hi from CT USA

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
naught
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Hi from CT USA

Post by naught » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:33 pm

Hey everyone. Love offsets. My favorite guitar shapes.
Sadly, I don't currently have an offset, but I am looking to acquire a Jaguar soon.

I used to have a 1996 CIJ Jaguar in CAR with matching headstock, but I sold it in the early 00's to buy a Heritage H-140 (which I still have).

A couple interesting things about my old Jag...the neck was maple with a pretty distinct flame on the back, and there was a gold foil, oval-shaped Fender 50th anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock. I have never seen another CIJ Jaguar with these attributes. Anyone else?
Kicking myself for selling it.
Gold sticker looked like this:

Anyway happy to be here and excited to be a part of the community.

PapaB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi from CT USA

Post by PapaB » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:52 pm

Hello naught! Hope I have your call name right. Glad to be the first to greet you. I'm new also, and I'm a bit surprised no other members have responded .... Busy times I guess.
So you like the offset shapes? I have my days with it. Some days I like it a lot, some days I just like it. More than any thing I like the creativity and expressiveness of the guitarist that play it, an alternative crowd. In the 80s it was the ax of choice for many "broke" musicians that couldn't afford the more traditional models. (I'm not trying to be insulting here, just my observation.) Jmascis comes to mind ....
Then there were those that buck tradition .... Cool to be different.
They are great instruments. Very diverse and creative. Surf music has always been cool too.
I got hooked with an offset telecaster, my first offset .... My last was a Starcaster, which will probably get TVJones Filtertrons soon.
Best of luck in all endeavors! Good to meet you at this forum. Hope you get that offset.
Peace!

naught
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by naught » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:26 pm

Thanks for the greeting.
I am still looking for the right Jaguar. Basically, I want matching headstock, block inlays, USA made.
Hard to come by. That pretty much leaves the 60th anniversary or a super rare vintage model (or custom shop) that is waaaay outside my budget.

I wonder if someone on this forum has a 60th for sale? It's a shame that access to the marketplace is blocked until 50 posts.

So if I want to get into the "offset club" and contribute more here, I really need to own one.
But I can't see what's in the marketplace, and I'm not supposed to pad my post count.
To me this is totally nonsensical gate-keeping.

PapaB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PapaB » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:59 pm

Well I can tell you what my favorite Jaguar is, the Orange Johnny Marr model. It's also uber-expensive, almost prohibitively so. But as an investment, it might be worth it.
I wish you much luck finding your dream ax. Jaguar are very cool.