New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
dgrunbe
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by dgrunbe » Wed May 01, 2024 4:02 pm

Hello everyone!
I've been lurking for a bit, but decided to finally join.
Funny thing is, this forum has already cost me money, and I just joined!!

I am a bit old (68) and have played woodwinds, primarily bari sax, soprano sax, alto flute, bass clarinet, for quite a long time, as a hobby. Was kinda professional in my early 20s, but went pro in a different field.

Anyway, I remember seeing the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and thought that playing guitar would be cool. Well, I finally started taking guitar lessons a few months ago and decided that I really want to play surf music. I am playing a Gretsch Streamliner semi-hollow for now, but purchased a Squier CV70 Jag a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the neck has a hump in it so I ordered a really cool neck from Musikraft that should arrive in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, in the meantime I ordered upgraded electronics, etc for the Squier, including a Tuffset Bridge, which I found about here.
In the process, I discovered the GuitarForm website and the thinline Jag and Jazzmaster style guitar bodies that they make. Just about perfect for what I really want. So, a surf green Squier CV70 Jag with original neck and an Amazon special neck may be for sale at some point.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.
Looking forward to learning much, much more about offset guitars.
First question: surf green metallic, frost green metallic, or dark stained wood grain? pickguard will be brushed aluminum. Jazzmaster style thinline body withJaguar pups and electronics, Jag short scale neck.

MattK
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New member

Post by MattK » Wed May 01, 2024 4:18 pm

Welcome! Be warned, it's a slippery slope you've set foot on ...

In answer to your question, I'd be interested to see dark woodgrain with brushed aluminum, depending on the wood of course. This kinda thing looks good to me:

dgrunbe
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: New member

Post by dgrunbe » Thu May 02, 2024 4:46 am

Thanks, Matt. Yes, I know about the slippery slope. Been through that before with other interests.

Thanks for the pic, that looks beautiful to me, even better if switches and wheels were white, like I have ready to go.