Greetings from Argentina

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
NachoMan77
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Greetings from Argentina

Post by NachoMan77 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:17 am

Hi there!

I joined 5 years ago and been lurking ever since, coming here on and off since I didn't own an offset at the time.

Don't know how and when, but 5 years later I now own 3 vintage Fender offsets! Crazy, right?

So my gateway offset guitar is a '66 sunburst Electric XII. Actually this was the reason why I joined OSG back then. Looking for info on how to roll my own EXII. I then decided that a MIJ mid 80's Strat XII was a good stopgap in my EXII quest. But the itch was stronger and only stopped when I finally got a real EXII (and sold the Strat XII).

So then I stumbled upon a '65 Mustang in Dakota Red, with a nice slab board. That was different. Got in love with the out of phase sound and had my first fights with bridge setup/shims/etc. All fun and games :w00t:

And last week, without even looking for one, I came across a '65 Jaguar in CAR with matching HS. Lot's a mojo and vibe on this one. And here I am now, reading tons of mastery/staytrem threads.

So there you have it... 3 offsets! from a guy that initially didn't think much of them.

So that's that.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: Greetings from Argentina

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:12 am

Hi! That's a pretty cool collection, congrats!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

ChristheRat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChristheRat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 am

NachoMan77 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:17 am
Hi there!

I joined 5 years ago and been lurking ever since, coming here on and off since I didn't own an offset at the time.

Don't know how and when, but 5 years later I now own 3 vintage Fender offsets! Crazy, right?

So my gateway offset guitar is a '66 sunburst Electric XII. Actually this was the reason why I joined OSG back then. Looking for info on how to roll my own EXII. I then decided that a MIJ mid 80's Strat XII was a good stopgap in my EXII quest. But the itch was stronger and only stopped when I finally got a real EXII (and sold the Strat XII).

So then I stumbled upon a '65 Mustang in Dakota Red, with a nice slab board. That was different. Got in love with the out of phase sound and had my first fights with bridge setup/shims/etc. All fun and games :w00t:

And last week, without even looking for one, I came across a '65 Jaguar in CAR with matching HS. Lot's a mojo and vibe on this one. And here I am now, reading tons of mastery/staytrem threads.

So there you have it... 3 offsets! from a guy that initially didn't think much of them.

So that's that.
Nice to stumble across a 65! Nice collection:)
Things are more like they are now, then they ever have been.

NachoMan77
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by NachoMan77 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 am

ChristheRat wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 am
NachoMan77 wrote:
Hi there!

So that's that.
Thanks man! What can I tell you... I wasn't looking for one and it appeared from left field. Both of my 65s happened like that.

ChristheRat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ChristheRat » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:57 pm

NachoMan77 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:31 am
ChristheRat wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 am
NachoMan77 wrote:
Hi there!

So that's that.
Thanks man! What can I tell you... I wasn't looking for one and it appeared from left field. Both of my 65s happened like that.
Haha hope that kinda thing happens to me one of these days:)
Things are more like they are now, then they ever have been.

beauzooka
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by beauzooka » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:09 pm

Pics!!!

countertext
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by countertext » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:18 am

So many words. So few photos.