New guy from Texas.

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
duhdewd
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New guy from Texas.

Post by duhdewd » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:54 am

Hey guys, just found this forum, looked around and decided to join. I just acquired my very first offset. After over 2 decades of playing various PRS’s I went and fell in love with a Jazzmaster. It started with an itch for something single coil but not a Strat or Tele, so that left me with various Gibsons with p-90s and melody makers with their own little single coils and then in the Fender camp there were the Jaguars, Duo-Sonics and Music Masters. I really could find a place for every one of them but just didn’t find any that did “IT” for me. Then I opened a case at the guitar shop I work at and my heart skipped a beat, it was a Jazzmaster in a color I had never seen on a Jazzmaster it was a dark Sienna Burst, it had a gold anodized aluminum scratch plate, clay dots and the wispy logo and a Patent Pending on the tremolo. I asked my boss about it and he said it was a ‘59 that an early owner had foolishly refinished in a cherry burst which is visible under the scratch plate but it had mellowed out to a sienna color. I pined over it for the last year, hoping no one would buy it. Finally, yesterday, I struck a deal with my boss and brought her home. This guitar sounds AMAZING through all my amps! These pickups are really special and the neck plays spectacularly with a very low setup, much lower than any other guitar I own. The shielding is really great and this guitar is much quieter than any P-90 guitar I’ve tried (we’ll see how this holds under stage lights). But did I mention how good it sounds? I mean it sounds heavenly! Anyway, thank you for providing a place for me to share my new found passion for the offset guitars I overlooked for years. I will be asking lots of questions, so please be patient with me.

antisymmetric
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New guy from Texas.

Post by antisymmetric » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:12 am

Welcome! Delayed gratification FTW! 8) The ancient refin sounds cool, can you show us some pics? I'm very curious to see how this Sienna looks with the anodised guard.
Watching the corners turn corners

Lamar Fandango
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lamar Fandango » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:57 am

Welcome! Post a pic of that big bad guit

duhdewd
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by duhdewd » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:44 am