New member (and JM owner)- opinions on JM pair with Blues Jr?

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
k2kennankrause
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New member (and JM owner)- opinions on JM pair with Blues Jr?

Post by k2kennankrause » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Hey all! I just got a Sherwood Green AmPro Jazzmaster. I was wondering what all of your thoughts were on how the Jazzmasters pair with the Blues Jr. Super excited to switch over from a Thinline Tele! Let me know your thoughts. Cheers mates

k2kennankrause
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: New member (and JM owner)- opinions on JM pair with Blues Jr?

Post by k2kennankrause » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:10 pm

Also to clarify, it's a 2020 AmPro with the '65 vintage pickups and a maple neck!

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New member (and JM owner)- opinions on JM pair with Blues Jr?

Post by Lost In Autumn » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:19 pm

I have a Blues JR 3 that has a modded tone stack (basically the same specs as the blackface amps), a few of the other BillM mod and a different speaker, a Jensen C12N. It's fantastic with my offsets. Stock, I felt the amp was a good value for the money, but was otherwise underwhelming. Swapping the speaker livened it up a lot, but replacing the tone stack has put the tone of the amp into the realm of vintage amps from the 60's. I picked up the amp for $300, used and invested another $250 for the mods and the speaker. It was money well spent and I will put this amp against any production fender today, as well as many $2000 > boutique amps.